• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

help/advice

A very stripped down way to look at it is you should throw a putter whenever you can, if you can't reach it with a putter next look at your mid, if you can't reach it with your mid next look at your fariway driver, if you can't reach it with your fairway driver consdier a distance driver (which the Valk is). In other words, always throw the slowest disc you can.

I couldn't agree with you more...unless wind is involved, but as you said, it is a very stripped down look at it.

A very stripped down way to look at it is you should throw a putter whenever you can, if you can't reach it with a putter next look at your mid, if you can't reach it with your mid next look at your fariway driver, if you can't reach it with your fairway driver consdier a distance driver (which the Valk is). In other words, always throw the slowest disc you can..

That's a really good piece of advice and not how I have played my golf game. I am going to try to rethink my approach to the game a little bit next time I play.

Once you have some experience, Campton and courses like it could easily be played with a putter and a mid. The idea of "gunning down" to the slowest, most controllable disc you can reach with is going to help your accuracy and control tremendously. Plus, you won't look like 90% of new players on courses I see throwing the latest and greatest distance drivers 75ft at a time.

ok thanks. i just checked the teerex and definialty want to purchase one now.

I really think you'll like the TeeRex...but if you don't let me know and I'm sure I can find something in one of my boxes of discs which you would like to trade for.

Plus, you won't look like 90% of new players on courses I see throwing the latest and greatest distance drivers 75ft at a time.

Haha...so true...I just laugh in my mind. I'm sure they'll never try the slower ones either, since the boss is supposed to go sooooo far...Haha