• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Help me mold down

JohnDeere

I want to mold down and carry less discs but there are gaps i feel in my bag that need filled. I throw FH very little
420 ft power
Current setup:
Putters: Prime Marshal (main putter)174
2 grid aviar (1 beat 1 fresh) 172

Mids:
12x KC Roc (straight) 176
Z buzzz (domey) 175
Fuzion Verdict 180

Fairways:
Dx teebird (beat 167)
Proton crave (175 dead straight)
Metal flake Teebird3 (175 slightly OS)
Neutron Resistor (174 OS)

Distance:
Champion Tern (166 US)
Dx beast (166 very US)
Pro starfire (175 FH only)
Pro destroyer(175 stable)
Opto Cutlass (172 OS)

So as you can see I have a lot of molds very not that many discs Help? I don't care how many I carry just not above 21

I really don't see an issue with having different molds, as long as disc flight characteristics are similar disc to disc. So if I really wanted to simplify that way I would consider:

Midrange:
-Buzzz/Verdict are similar, that's great
-Roc feels way different, but flies good as a longer putter or slightly different type of mid than the Buzzz/Verdict
-if anything I'd sub the Roc for something like a Buzzz SS/Claymore to go less stable but same type of disc as the other two

Fairways:
-DX Teebird (US), star or Gstar Teebird (straight), MF or Champ Teebird/Teebird3 would keep it all in the same family
-Firebird for similar feel OS disc
-also consider the Discmania FD for a good straight or turning fairway Teebird complement. The bottom wing does feel different than Teebird, but is easy to switch between the discs I think for how they throw comparatively

Drivers:
-the only weird thing is that you FH the pro Starfire. This is actually the Starfire-L mold, I believe, and fairly understable

Really to me the only weird thing is the midrange setup, where the Roc is a completely different style of mid than the other two. As far as drivers, one Destroyer is so different from the next, so I really don't see what matters if you get the variation by having the core of your lineup champ Tern, pro Destroyer, opto Cutlass.

Thanks for the input my starfire is actually quite stable for some reason like a little less than my cutlass.
I'm actually not fond of the feel of the verdict its a little shallow u have any suggestions on that
I really want to stick with my crave any say baseing around that

If you want on overstable mid that's deeper, go with a Gator. The champ ones with beads are very, very OS potentially though, so maybe look into star/beadless if you can find them...I'm not sure how hard that is. The not brick like Gator will still be slower and less glide than the Verdict, more truly overstable, and potentially a bit shorter (the Verdict is quite fast). The Gator will be more trustworthy on flexes and in harsh conditions.

I think the Hyzerbomb Mortar is a beadless Gator. I have not thrown that, it's just a direction to investigate. Here's a comparison video I found, likely your Verdict is most similar to the Hornet he throws: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd8vviVSo1I

As far as fairways I suggested the completely opposite direction, so I can't help you much there. I'm a Teebird and Firebird kind of player.

here is a super trim. I could play fine even without the verdict and tern/cutlass being many destroyer types around.

2 grid aviar (1 beat 1 fresh) 172 - 4wut/why?

Mids:
Fuzion Verdict 180

Fairways:
Neutron Resistor (174 OS)- could use lighter seasoned resistor for dead straight and dx beast as US

Distance:
Champion Tern (166 US)
Dx beast (166 very US)
Opto Cutlass (172 OS)

I want to mold down and carry less discs but there are gaps i feel in my bag that need filled. I throw FH very little
420 ft power
Current setup:
2 grid aviar (1 beat 1 fresh) 172

Mids:
Z buzzz (domey) 175
Fuzion Verdict 180

Fairways:
Dx teebird (beat 167)
Metal flake Teebird3 (175 slightly OS)
Neutron Resistor (174 OS)

Distance:
Champion Tern (166 US)
Dx beast (166 very US)
Pro starfire (175 FH only)
Opto Cutlass (172 OS)

So as you can see I have a lot of molds very not that many discs Help? I don't care how many I carry just not above 21

First you should look at molds that have more plastics.

Putters.
What ever you can do the most with

Mids.
I would go roc kc and dx
And maybe a s line GM for short wind shots

Fairway.
Probably mix and match teebirds dx, star/champ and TB3.

Distance
Pro starfire (older ones can be used like a beast)
Pro destroyer