• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] HELP ME! Need slightly longer & slightly stable control driver. Winner gets STUFF!

The OP asked for something slightly more stable than a stalker. I'm taking that to mean slightly more over stable. The TB/TL that many people are mentioning are more of the same ball park than they are more overstable.

A disc that hasn't been mentioned that you might want to give a shot is an orc. It's a disc that has been around for a long time and I have been finding it very reliable. It only has a little bit of high speed stability, but it has pretty good low speed stability...a pretty good fade, which I think is what you are looking for. The high speed stability should be plenty stable enough in 300-330 ft range you mentioned.

It has the small rim you require and it is easily found in star plastic. I only throw around 350 on average and it has replaced the starfires I used to use as a stable driver. It is worth a shot. Good luck in your search.

I'm a big Orc fan, have been for a long time, but it's more of a driver than I'm looking for with this slot.

You need a Volt? Go swimming at Stoney Hill for the one I threw in there two years ago :p

... but seriously: Eagle, and more specifically: Eagle-L, and most specifically: mothafrickin G-Star Eagle-L

I'd try an X Avenger, not as OS as the other plastics and has a small comphy rim that is easy to sling.

Neutron Servo. Super late fade like all mvp discs, but will fly dead nuts straight 80% of its flight if you put a little snap on it. Loving this disc these days...

I think I'd have to agree with star TL. Just threw mine at the course, great disc that's a bit more speed and fade than the river.

Tsunami could fit the bill, I use it(sp, not sure how the stability is on the prolines) mostly for oh, but its a great straight with medium fade driver.

Got a handful of field throws yesterday. Gotta say I really loved the Rival AND the Patriot, though they're very different discs, the Rival may find it's spot.

Also, the GL Saint flies really in line with what I'm looking for with this thread. I imagine the glide has a lot to do with it, getting that extra distance without having to push the throttle too far.

Again, I got very little work in, so this is in no way a final analysis.

I also didn't have a lot of the discs to try, and now I do, save a Volt and Apache, for which I'm looking and will snag soon.

I still plan on paying out for this once I fill this slot, but I haven't been able to throw since Monday. I tweaked my back but GOOD on Tuesday and now am missing out on an epic road trip tomorrow, as I can barely move around the house, let alone throw a disc.

Thank you to all the suggestions, to Streets and BraveThrower for the plastic to test, and everyone for all of your input. Once I can throw, I will post video of the field testing, and get someone some great swag for helping fill this void. Thanks again DGCR!

I just went to the last page, so I didn't see all the recommends. I like the Star Orc recommend, and I throw my Apache very straight like a faster, more stable Leopard, too. I just gave away a S-line DD Hysteria, which started a meathook, but after 50 throws and 20 trees, it straightened into what you're after. Also saw a seasoned Tsunami recommend, which I second.
My distance avg for each:
HPP Apache - 310ft
Star Orc - 320ft
DD - 330-350ft
Tsunami - " "

Champ SL, 2006 mini stamp. Perfect disc for you.

Or newer star SL.

Dead nuts straight with slight hyzer flip, tiny fade at end.