• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hey hey ho ho round ratings have got to GO!

robdeforge

Double Eagle Member
tweet from Mcbeth yesterday:

I find it quite odd that Nate Sexton or @Bigjermdg didn't once mention ratings in the CBS Broadcast.... oh wait that's right because they are pointless!

*for Professionals

In a follow up reply tweet to thediscgolfguy, paul says

"We need a true world ranking system."

Interesting thoughts from the world's highest player! I wonder how much the foundation guys paid him to tweet this

beating-a-dead-horse-animated-gif-7.gif

Wasn't Paul saying that there are too many sponsored players nowadays? Then a guy who never played a competitive round before gets a discraft sponsorship. Kinda funny that his bestie is the people he despised in the past.

tweet from Mcbeth yesterday:

In a follow up reply tweet to thediscgolfguy, paul says

"We need a true world ranking system."

Interesting thoughts from the world's highest player! I wonder how much the foundation guys paid him to tweet this

This is called "testing the waters". A complete split away from the PDGA has been in the cards for a long while. It only makes sense, the PDGA is clearly more aligned with a USGA amateur org vs a PGA pro org.

You can't have a valid World Ranking system without ratings as a core component in the calculation for the same reason you can't have a World Championship and global Majors without International player participation. However, the ratings used for World Rankings must be and have been done slightly differently for World Rankings and now need further tweaking to work properly.

This is called "testing the waters". A complete split away from the PDGA has been in the cards for a long while. It only makes sense, the PDGA is clearly more aligned with a USGA amateur org vs a PGA pro org.

Lol, they will need a bit more funding first to make that happen.

Latest posts