• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

So, any news this week on THE High Bridge, Wisconsin - home of two five-course-mega-disc-golf-venues?

From the two facebook accounts... MM's Highbridge is making progress. They have most of the dilapidated cabins and stages torn down. They have done a lot of course maintenance on Gold, Woodland and Bear. Grass is starting to grow and they need to find a mower.

JJ's Highbridge... he says that a couple courses are in and playable. They were "test throwing" on Friday. No new pictures.

I was there last week and played gold, the course itself was in good shape and they already are making efforts to groom the courses, i saw fresh piles of limbs where they had opened up the fairways a bit. The tee signs are all in rough shape, some of the signs pointing you to the next holes were damaged or pulled up and laying around... all of this is easy to replace in time.

As for the junk...
They are really trying hard to cleanup the junk but it's everywhere and going to take years to clean it all up at this rate. With the right scrap processing machinery, like an excavator with grapplers, maybe a CAT with forks and a few dump trucks i would imagine a couple weeks of processing would really make the difference, but who knows the right people with that kind of machinery?

Its a bit overwhelming when you take it all in at once, my recommendation for those working on restoring the property would be to focus 100% effort on 1 course at a time.. Get one course clean and restored back to world championship condition, then focus on the next one.. etc.

I was there last week and played gold, the course itself was in good shape and they already are making efforts to groom the courses, i saw fresh piles of limbs where they had opened up the fairways a bit. The tee signs are all in rough shape, some of the signs pointing you to the next holes were damaged or pulled up and laying around... all of this is easy to replace in time.

As for the junk...
They are really trying hard to cleanup the junk but it's everywhere and going to take years to clean it all up at this rate. With the right scrap processing machinery, like an excavator with grapplers, maybe a CAT with forks and a few dump trucks i would imagine a couple weeks of processing would really make the difference, but who knows the right people with that kind of machinery?

Its a bit overwhelming when you take it all in at once, my recommendation for those working on restoring the property would be to focus 100% effort on 1 course at a time.. Get one course clean and restored back to world championship condition, then focus on the next one.. etc.
Have the teesigns at Highbridge ever been anything better than passable and in need of constant replacement (sun/water damage)?

I have the original tee sign files that were color laser printed on outdoor Tyvek type material. Attached is a low-res view of Blueberry 2. I can provide those PowerPoint graphic files to someone working there willing to update and print them when the timing is right.

Attachments

• BH tee sign.jpg
    BH tee sign.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 91
I have the original tee sign files that were color laser printed on outdoor Tyvek type material. Attached is a low-res view of Blueberry 2. I can provide those PowerPoint graphic files to someone working there willing to update and print them when the timing is right.
The graphic itself is passable and in need of replacement. Lol. MM should hire a pro for this job. Or a local high school kid.

This is awesome, you could always message UP Mountain Man on here.

I'm keeping an eagle eye on this thread, hoping someone will chime in with a report on Johnny's version of Highbridge, dude can't maintain a complex, but can materialize one seemingly overnight.

I'm keeping an eagle eye on this thread, hoping someone will chime in with a report on Johnny's version of Highbridge, dude can't maintain a complex, but can materialize one seemingly overnight.

Somebody that "JJ" doesn't know on this thread could reach out to him through his FaceBook account could probably get info better then people who have contacted him before and been mislead could.

I hope that makes sense....

I too am interested in these new courses...

but am more interested in "MM" efforts on the Hill.

We were up there last Wed to Sun. MM is doing a ton of work, with some help. We saw (and heard) him for hours each day. He's trimmed a LOT of branches/etc. Some trenching has been done for water run-off. The ?house? between Blueberry 1&2 was 3/4 down. The platform in the middle of the fairway on ?Gold? was gone. The tires are cleaned up. The long building on ?Gold? is down, but the materials are laying there. There's a lot to be done. Talked with him a bit. Nice guy. He's excited about getting the Bear cleaned up.

I would love new signs. I understand they are low on the priority list, but for newbies (This was our third time there and it's impossible to remember all the holes yet) the current signs are horrible. Just a big green stripe. Maybe a tree painted. Questionable distance.

As far as the questions on who owns what...... The tee and fairway on Blueberry 3 are taped off. There's tape on Blueberry to the right of 6 that we didn't really understand. MM did say there's on an ongoing border dispute.

According to JJ - New location. 20 miles north. Highbridge Hills. Though the courses names have apparently changed now to "The Pines" and "Aspen Run" with either 18 or 21 holes depending on how you play. The course appears to have several groups playing today with plenty of new pictures that look like a mostly wide open golf course. Cabins, camping, clubhouse with food and beverages available.

According to JJ - New location. 20 miles north. Highbridge Hills. Though the courses names have apparently changed now to "The Pines" and "Aspen Run" with either 18 or 21 holes depending on how you play. The course appears to have several groups playing today with plenty of new pictures that look like a mostly wide open golf course. Cabins, camping, clubhouse with food and beverages available.

Got to be Chequamegon Bay Golf Club just outside Ashland.....

Got to be Chequamegon Bay Golf Club just outside Ashland.....

Messaged Chequamegon Bay Golf Club...

Heard a rumor....do you have Disc Golf on site as well now?

Thank you for contacting the Chequamegon Bay Golf Club Facebook page. We will be sure to respond as soon as possible.

Thanks,
CBGC Team

6:53 PM

No we do not, sorry

Chat Conversation End

Type a message...

Messaged Chequamegon Bay Golf Club...

Heard a rumor....do you have Disc Golf on site as well now?

Thank you for contacting the Chequamegon Bay Golf Club Facebook page. We will be sure to respond as soon as possible.

Thanks,
CBGC Team

6:53 PM

No we do not, sorry

Chat Conversation End

Type a message...

now to try Lake Superior View Golf Course....about 30 mile north of HH

now to try Lake Superior View Golf Course....about 30 mile north of HH

confirmed....

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Flakesuperiorviewgolf%2Fposts%2F1545412242265094&width=500" width="500" height="650" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allow="encrypted-media"></iframe>

d@mn it, don't know how to paste the link.....

confirmed....

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Flakesuperiorviewgolf%2Fposts%2F1545412242265094&width=500" width="500" height="650" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allow="encrypted-media"></iframe>

d@mn it, don't know how to paste the link.....

How about a screenshot?

Attachments

• 806B2E7A-68CA-4AB1-8841-136AD4BA98E1.jpg
    806B2E7A-68CA-4AB1-8841-136AD4BA98E1.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 164
How about a screenshot?

Q: Heard a rumor that you have disc golf as well?

A: Yes just got put up! Come play!

Aa: Should have three courses up by next weekend - two on the golf course and one in the woods.

I just don't get it from this perspective - how profitable was disc golf for John? Is this all about reputation?

Latest posts