• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

One of the worst stories I have heard was this guy tried to make an offer to Middleton For Pheasant Branch when that part of land was being donated to the City from the original owners in the 1990's with stipulation if be turned back into native land (volunteers did 75% the work) for city park to be the rest of Pheasant Barach. Part the guy wanted to buy was just the main part with the hill not the creek part in attempts to put a Ball Golf course on the land and have worlds Hilliest Golf Course. Not sure if that is true or not. He did that at the time the near by development tried put a single house too close to the Pheasant Branch city park but they ran out of time before the land was finally donated and had to be stopped from completion. Unfinished house just sits there year after year 1/3-1/2 done and falling apart.

This is the same guy who runs Highbridge Hills, WI.

One of the worst stories I have heard was this guy tried to make an offer to Middleton For Pheasant Branch when that part of land was being donated to the City from the original owners in the 1990's with stipulation if be turned back into native land (volunteers did 75% the work) for city park to be the rest of Pheasant Barach. Part the guy wanted to buy was just the main part with the hill not the creek part in attempts to put a Ball Golf course on the land and have worlds Hilliest Golf Course. Not sure if that is true or not. He did that at the time the near by development tried put a single house too close to the Pheasant Branch city park but they ran out of time before the land was finally donated and had to be stopped from completion. Unfinished house just sits there year after year 1/3-1/2 done and falling apart.

2/10 would not read again

Just the tip of the iceberg. There are dozens of stories worse than that. I have no idea why he's not in jail right now.

Any detailed course updates? Saw someone updated Blueberry & Woodland needing a mow and that Gold had unplayable holes due to people camping on it.

Any detailed course updates? Saw someone updated Blueberry & Woodland needing a mow and that Gold had unplayable holes due to people camping on it.

People camp on Gold and even some early Blueberry holes during Infrasound. It's the worst. I saw Blueberry #3 (i think) Basket that was chock full of Faygo the last time I was there. Extremely disappointing

Well da crippler apparently understood the post so maybe he could translate for the rest of us.
I didn't understand anything but the abandoned half built house part, which has been one of Johns favorite cons for years, and there were lots of judgements against him for that kind of stuff. I think the story going around about him having a lawyer counter suing people is an increasingly desperate attempt to keep the cuffs off his wrists.

I didn't understand anything but the abandoned half built house part, which has been one of Johns favorite cons for years, and there were lots of judgements against him for that kind of stuff. I think the story going around about him having a lawyer counter suing people is an increasingly desperate attempt to keep the cuffs off his wrists.

Apparently back in the day, honest John funded his saw mill operation on credit and then filed for bankruptcy. His fuel bill was like 20k. Lots of loggers that never got paid. Every local ive talked to about him tells me to either stay away or be careful... Even volunteering for him he would say he would give me $20 for gas but he had to run to mellen and get cash. Guess how that ended... He is a low life.

Gah I need to get back out there... this year is the least I've ever been to HBH since I started discing. Gotta get some rounds in before that "Highbridge doomsday" we all talk about ends up happening.

On a funny note, one of my best friends who is getting into disc golf, who is also a newb, brought his other friend who is even MORE of a newb, to Highbridge, and without consulting me, decided to play Bear. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! They ended up quitting, needless to say. Of course I told them to do Woodlands next time.