• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

Wow this guy is a class A loser. That right there is not only HUGELY illegal, it's also going to cost a ton to clean up in a legit fashion. You guys need a lawyer BAD.

Real question- how has he not been arrested or had my charges pressed? It boggles my mind just how much shady **** he has pulled... and that's just what I've seen in like 10 pages, can't have even scratched the surface.

For the record no charges were pressed. He even called me after that when he needed help for the wedding. Word from the local folks around here is John got this new out of towner lawyer and is filing lawsuits against everybody for stuff going back 40 years. Its weird as F and I think hes lost any the sane in the brain.

So if your the owners how do you get rid of John when your 500 miles away? His property is right on the course basically and he still has the Honka. I cant imagine they could sell with him right there awaiting any chance to sabotage any improvements or new management. The more I look at it the less possibility I see of any real change happening.

For the record no charges were pressed. He even called me after that when he needed help for the wedding. Word from the local folks around here is John got this new out of towner lawyer and is filing lawsuits against everybody for stuff going back 40 years. Its weird as F and I think hes lost any the sane in the brain.

That is weird, you'd think the last place he would want to end up in is court.

Maybe the PDGA will get their $5,000 after all.

:popcorn:

Sounds like the kind of guy ditches were invented for. Really sorry to hear he's gumming up the works, but that's why you strike first and strike deep. Cops, lawyers, the whole 9. A POS like that can squat and sneak for years, tying up everything just to screw everyone over as long as possible, but given his history if you apply the right pressure he will be destroyed in court. Any judge worth their socks will see right through him.

The worst type of person, if you would even call him one. I wish you guys the best of luck, you're going to need it if he beat everyone to the punch with the courts, with the other side still scratching their heads about what to do and where to start. You guys need a badass on your side, stat.

I have had my own "unique" experiences at High Bridge.

However, it should be very emphatically pointed out that John, as largely a one man show, has maintained 6+ (counting a bit of the joined courses holes) for 14+ years.

I keep thinking about this side of the coin, too. It seems to me that he has made one of the great disc golf destinations possible. Imperfectly, but surely a lot of players who've been there, should be at least a little grateful for that.

Sounds like the kind of guy ditches were invented for. Really sorry to hear he's gumming up the works, but that's why you strike first and strike deep. Cops, lawyers, the whole 9. A POS like that can squat and sneak for years, tying up everything just to screw everyone over as long as possible, but given his history if you apply the right pressure he will be destroyed in court. Any judge worth their socks will see right through him.

The worst type of person, if you would even call him one. I wish you guys the best of luck, you're going to need it if he beat everyone to the punch with the courts, with the other side still scratching their heads about what to do and where to start. You guys need a badass on your side, stat.

It seems a lot of "all of this" is really just a lot of noise on this thread. I mean, for years the same stuff has been going on, meanwhile people just keep going to HBH, camping and playing disc golf. It does not seem, despite the discourse here, that much has changed for a long time.

However, it should be very emphatically pointed out that John, as largely a one man show, has maintained 6+ (counting a bit of the joined courses holes) for 14+ years.

14+ years!? Pretty shocking he hasn’t got his act together in that time... any grounds keeper worth their salt could implement a cadence for mowing, weed control, green/rough maintenance, closing or opening for the season, pulling permits etc. Especially if it’s your full time occupation. A quick google search also yielded some cheap reservation software packages for booking etc.

And before someone tells me it’s 6 courses and one person. I know a few grounds keepers who maintain the better part of a golf courses on their own. This includes pond care, 4 different mowing heights on each hole, weed control, sand pits, tee box location shifting etc. they are just organized and follow regimented schedules.

No doubt. He did a lot of work clearing the land for the original ball golf course too. The standard of maintaining is questionable. Bear is playable a few times a year at best and any city park course is usually better cared for.

I got a juicy bit of local gossip but I think its worth at least 3 cans of Hamms light and probably best kept off the disc golf forums. Btw the deputy that pulled me over mentioned needing to talk john about another matter and the rest is gossip

I believe such malicious teasers are a violation of this site's rules.

Or, at least, should be.

I got a juicy bit of local gossip but I think its worth at least 3 cans of Hamms light and probably best kept off the disc golf forums. Btw the deputy that pulled me over mentioned needing to talk john about another matter and the rest is gossip

Ooh. Joy. I have friends on site currently that are loading in and setting up for the event happening there this weekend, and I'm heading up that way tomorrow.

Latest posts