• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

After reading Uhtred's comments, I did a quick search on "Highbridge Hills Disc Golf". The first link is to highbridgehillssports.com, which states the course is closed and still has John's contact info.

Outside of Facebook and this site, there doesn't appear to be anything available for someone trying to find out about HBH.

It would be nice to get that site from John. I'm sure that's just another headache. But I'm hoping this is on the radar to help the players who aren't in the loop.

I looked up the domain info, looks like it expires July 11th of this year. Not sure who owns it, they have privacy for the registration enabled.

Aye, domain transfer can be very touchy if not impossible if the original registrar is uncooperative. If they don't renew then it goes back into the pool but domains being so cheap with auto-renew an easy option, it's quite easy to hold onto a domain out of spite if you're that kind of person. I'm not passing any judgement, I'm late to the story just stating experience in these cases.

Last edited:
I looked up the domain info, looks like it expires July 11th of this year. Not sure who owns it, they have privacy for the registration enabled.

Aye, domain transfer can be very touchy if not impossible if the original registrar is uncooperative. If they don't renew then it goes back into the pool but domains being so cheap with auto-renew an easy option, it's quite easy to hold onto a domain out of spite if you're that kind of person. I'm not passing any judgement, I'm late to the story just stating experience in these cases.
Its going to take people talking about it enough for it to be brought to John's attention for him to hold the domain out of spite. Unless something has really changed in the last ten years, John isn't exactly the most web savvy fellow.

John isn't going down quietly. He updated the website in early April...

HIGHBRIDGE HILLS SPORTS COMPLEX
REMAINS CLOSED
UNTIL SOME TIME LATER IN THE SUMMER
After more than 15 years of hosting disc golf at Highbridge Hills Sports Complex,
John and The Mecca are heading in a new direction — and why not? Please stay tuned for more information!

I still have rough course designs for the ski hill next to Big Top I did around 2008, but a new manager decided not to go that direction. Might have to check if they are open to it now.

I would so dearly love that. My Dad's property is right next door and my wife I rented a place just down the road for several years before we got our property and built south of Iron River. We used to love to hike the ski trails in the off season (and still occasionally do). If you add on Jolly Jay hiking trails its quite large. This would seem like a no brainer, they always seem to be having to work hard to make it. Not that, as mentioned, DG brings in a lot of cash but the area does get enormous tourist traffic. They embraced Camba putting in (mountain bike) trails there a few years ago so maybe they would be receptive now.

I'll bet good money John doesn't know it's going to expire in July (unless he reads this forum). I'd wait it out if I were MM and see if he can snag it once the grace period to reclaim it is over.

Of course, with the website, MM could always choose another domain name, put something in the tag line that appears on Google searches like "the real Highbridge Hills website" or "2019's New & Improved HH" or something, but better worded. I would think it wouldn't take very long at all to appear along the old website in search results.

3f2.jpeg

Wait a second. Is he saying he already has a new 5 course complex somewhere near the original HH, that he's also calling Highbridge Hills, or is he saying he's still running the original HH?

What a cluster.

John Jokinen at it again.

So, within the last several months, winter months, JJ has designed and built a new 5 course complex in the North Country and has it ready to play, with baskets?!?! (still searching for LMAFO emoji)

Last edited:
Wait a second. Is he saying he already has a new 5 course complex somewhere near the original HH, that he's also calling Highbridge Hills, or is he saying he's still running the original HH?

What a cluster.

Different location he says. Nearby. Whatever that means. I'm sure it will have zip lines, and hockey rinks, and tree houses, and volleyball courts, and a swimming beach, and cabins, and a whole bunch of other stuff that John has yet to dream of that he can complete anywhere from 5%-20% and then just abandon.

So, within the last several months, winter months, JJ has designed and built a new 5 course complex in the North Country and has it ready to play, with baskets?!?! (still searching for LMAFO emoji)

I would like to see these courses, as JJ has claimed to have never ever played disc golf.

I'm sure he carved out some killer lines...