• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highest quantity of same mold in your bag?

Can't throw 'em properly backhand. I have trouble pushing my drivers past 300' when I throw backhand. I can throw the OLFs just fine with my forehand but I'm trying to learn backhand. With this in mind, I've taken the OLFs out and put in some Polaris LSs while making my JLSs my distance drivers. I figure when I can put out the LSs past 300' (maybe somewhere around 325') reliably and can get the JLSs to 350' or so reliably then I'll be ready to bring the OLFs back.

I carry 3 putters and 2 of every driver, but 4 Buzzz's:

1 2nd 1st run Z for hyzers
2 dead straight ESP's - I alternate with them so they wear more slowly
1 beat D for turnovers

2 Buzzes (Z,D)

2 Challengers (D,D)

2 JLS (J,Q)

2 XS (X,X) or 2 Rogues (X or Star in DGA version, Proline actually)

I am carrying a Star Cro, a old trusty Banger GT D, and a Star Max as well.

That is about it.

lets see...

2 Z flicks
6 orcs (2 175 champ new, 2 168 SB new, 2 163 pro beat)
4 leopards (2 171 champ new, 1 170 dx newish, 1 168 dx beat)
6 rocs (1 kc and 5 dx for all midrange)
3 wizards (1 172 SS, 1 174 E, 1 174 S)

so yeah....i only do multiples

The highest quantity of the same mold that I carry in my bag are my three D Wasps.

KY Wasp (yellow w/blue stamp) - got from ky chris
Minnesota Wasp (white w/purple stamp) - got in Minnesota on a disc golf trip
Invisible Wasp (white w/silver stamp) - got from the invisible tree

I just moved to a smaller bag for most rounds so my multiples are down.

4 Orcs - 3 SB in various states of decay. 1 old beat up Pro that works pretty well for those left to right shots.

2 Rocs

2 Wizards

Usually a few other things just to try out. Most of my games are entirely played with those 8 discs.

3 Boss (Champ)
3 Destroyers (1 Champ/2 Star)
2 Wraith (Champ)
3 Beasts (2 Champ/1 Star)
2 Teebirds (Champ)
2 Eagles (Champ)
3 Leopards (1 Champ/2 Pros)
4 Rocs (2 KC Pro, Champ, XG)
2 Yeti

Valk
Roadrunner
SL
PD
Firebird
FL
R-Pro Aviar
Rhyno

I carry two Destroyers and my Scorpius may as well be one. If really windy, I'll carry two Trackers and two Sentinels. Other than that, I do not like to carry muliples of the same mold.

Normally i carry just one disc per mold competition is the only time when i carry multiples and still usually just two of the most crucial discs.

I always carry multiples.

At the moment I carry at least 7 Nukes, 4 Magnets and 3 Crushes. Any disc worth carrying is worth carrying to excess, just like anything worth doing is worth doing to excess.

At one point, long ago, I carried 13 X-Clones and 4 Magnets. That was my entire bag.

Mark Ellis said:
At one point, long ago, I carried 13 X-Clones and 4 Magnets. That was my entire bag.
Around '95-'96ish, that's all a forehand guy needed. X-Clones were so far and away the best disc for forehands for the first two or three years it was available it wasn't even funny.

Working Stiff said:
Mark Ellis said:
Around '95-'96ish, that's all a forehand guy needed. X-Clones were so far and away the best disc for forehands for the first two or three years it was available it wasn't even funny.

I feel old until I come to this board Lol......J/K U guys rock (especially the lizard lawyer)

Currently 4 Wizards, 2 Valkyries, and 2 PDs, plus a few singles.

PMantle said:
There is no statement in this question. It is purely a question. How can 4 putters of the same mold be that different?

different plastics and stages of wear can net very different flight paths, even if they are all the same mold.

I carry 5 pds - 2 cpd, 2 spd, and 2 ppd. Next is comet with 3, and judge with 3.