• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 10/20/16 Lake Park Hole 1 in Roanoke Rapids, NC

Reniger

* Ace Member *
Course Rating of 2.26 from 6 reviews.

Hole 1
Par 3
260 ft.

Plays uphill tunnel. Dogleg right.

Tee:
8e730540.jpg

Course Map

Depending on how my forehand is treating me this day...

RHFH Sexton Firebird - Flex it out a bit for distance and play that skipper.
or
RHBH M4 - Thrown high and let 'er turn over.

Ahhhh yes, the old home course!! :thmbup:

It's not a great course, but it's what we have. We play it anyway! :p

The dogleg here is sharper than the picture makes it appear. If you throw RHBH, an anny needs to be fairly precise and hold the line or you'll end up left of the basket and in the foliage. It's a good ways down the path after you turn that corner.

I don't have a good forehand but IMO it's the preferred shot here if you have a good one.

RHBH I throw a seer on a slight anhyzer and let it turnover more. When I'm feeling frisky a RHFH with a firebird will get me there as long as it gets around the corner and gets a skip.

The dogleg here is sharper than the picture makes it appear. If you throw RHBH, an anny needs to be fairly precise and hold the line or you'll end up left of the basket and in the foliage. It's a good ways down the path after you turn that corner.

Thanks for the insight. It's always nice when someone knows the course.

RHFH Champ Firebird

If you can throw at least around 300 with the roc normally, it's probably one of the best discs on this hole. :thmbup:

I can get some solid distance out of my beat Roc, but I'm not sure I can get 300'. May rely on a beat QJLS instead then. Thanks for the info! Looks like a fun hole.

FH isn't quite that good so....

RHBH Lucid Evidence on an anny line.

I can get some solid distance out of my beat Roc, but I'm not sure I can get 300'. May rely on a beat QJLS instead then. Thanks for the info! Looks like a fun hole.

You may not need quite that much, you'd have to try it both ways! I throw the Tursas/Claymore/Bard for my mids and I can't get them there typically, but several of the people around here throw rocs and the better couple guys park it frequently, so it is a good choice!

BH roller - DX Wedge

Z-Crank, RHFH.

If it works... I have a look at a birdie. :D
Hit a tree... I'm trying to beat it in anyway. :)

Beat up old DX Ontario Roc. Thrown flat RHBH at 75%. It'll roll over.
I love that shot.

Latest posts