• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 10/24/13: Griffin Park in Norman, OK

dusty5150

Double Eagle Member
Griffin Park in Norman, OK

Hole #6 [Rolling hills] Red - 385 ft (3) Yellow - 385 ft (3)

Tee:
2783a69c.jpg

Approach:
27bb5097.jpg

Map:
f809a7fc.jpg

Map shows 2 tees, but the distances are the same ... i dunno.

looks like a big flex that I cant reach, so i'll go with an Opto Saint just to get up to the right side of that big evergreen. Upshot with a Judge or Suspect depending how crappy my drive was ... Classic Judge for the par.

Map shows 2 tees, but the distances are the same ... i dunno.

I was just thinking that same thing... :confused:
If I need for a fairly straight 385ft: Renegade
Clean up with Challenger/APX as necessary.

Looks uphill maybe? so then champ tern RHBH. If it's flat, then Firebird flat and to the right.

From the Gold (the tee pictured), it's the longer mark of 385'. From the red tee, it's a 300' RHBH Hyzer the entire way.

However, this hole is tough to 2, common to 3. RHBH With a seasoned GL Flow, I usually go directly at the evergreen in the middle which is on a bit of a raised ridge, and get it to turn just before the evergreen. Once past the evergreen, you go back down a slope towards the pin where there's good room for the disc to hold the turn a bit with the late fade for the pin. Because of the slope to the right of the pin, I've seen some reasonable skip ace runs at the pin, but never did one actually go in.

By the way, that branch you see hanging across the front of the pad is a mental beast, and it makes the pad about 1' shorter because it hangs directly over the top of the end of the pad. I'm 6'3", and the lowest part of the apex of the arch sits right at my chin level and the branch completely blocks my view of my driving line. It forces taller players to align their shot in the run up then go blindly through the rest of the hole. Really, it's just high enough that you'd have to throw some noob sky hyzer for the branch to come into play, but hitting your hand or face on the branch is a real concern if you decide to use the entire box for your drive. You better finish your drive mid box, and not much further down the pad.

Looks uphill maybe? so then champ tern RHBH. If it's flat, then Firebird flat and to the right.

To the right without turning it over will only put you in terrible amounts of brushy bois d'arc trees that you're not getting out of cleanly. There is not a sky hyzer line from the gold tee unless you turn it over and get it up to the right later in the throw. Then, you're going to end hard left with a very tight set of woods and a thatch of trees within 15' of the pin protecting it from approaches from the left out of the heavy woods.

If you don't have the arm to park this hole, just keep it dead center and you're dancing. You do not want to go too far left or right, or end up short behind the evergreen.