• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 11/8/11 Sandy Point Resort DG Ranch

Technohic

* Ace Member *
Sandy Point Resort DG Ranch
Lac Du Flambeau, WI (heh, the name makes this place sound awesome)
Hole #8
Pin Position A: 151 ft (3)
Pin Position B: 182 ft (3)

Tee:
f42bb37d.jpg

Hole 8 in the course walk through: (also shows a greener pic and more distance)
http://www.playdg.com/courses/?s=wi&c=sandypoint&h=8
Description: As long as you can keep your disc straight, you just have to be able to control your distance on this one. Both side pins are puttable if your lie is in the fairway just parallel to them.

If thats not enough; course map:
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course_files/748/579575a2.pdf

Looks like in the walkt hrough the extra feet are from the tee being moved back and up a hill

I will throw my beat Leopard to keep it straight down the gut.

The course map shows 255 with a left finish, 288 with a right finish, and 354 straight ahead. One tee, three basket positions.

It's a straight fairway regardless, so I wouldn't try to get fancy but just get down by the basket and putt in the correct direction.

Sooooo....assuming the pic is the actual tee....with the tree leaning over a bit, the high line I'd want for my Ion may be a bit small. Unless the actual distances are 150ish and 180ish and 218ish.

For the 255 and up positions, I'd throw my Axis, keeping a lower, straighter line with no fade. For the long position, I'd be short, but hopefully in the fairway for a long putt for birdie, and a drop-in par.

This picture shown is NOT HOLE #8 - This is Hole #5. It comes up as Hole #8 here I believe because 4A, 4B, and 4C were added.

It plays short, and looks just like the picture. Hole #8 is along an overhead electrical service line.

I'd throw a gator at 75% power up the hill and let it swoop right in.

The pic that is greener actually shows the hole much better. A lot of elevation on this hole and quite a narrow fairway. Off the fairway at all is still thick on this hole; after all these years. All but pros with have serious pucker factor. Short pin is halfway up the fairway on the left.

Also, unless you clear the entire ravine and make it to the top on the other side (which, again is tough, unless you're a pro); you're second shot will have a pretty severe uphill stance to a pin above you....with a still, pretty tight fairway.

*Per Superberry's post; I am discussing the power line shot that is in the greener photo....*

*I believe the main photo is also the same hole; but appears different. Again, the greener photo is a better view.*

Last edited:
By the Course maps distances I would go Aviar, Roc, TL short to long. If the shorter distances are correct I would go aviar, aviar, roc.