• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 3/14/2014: Iron Hill in Newark, DE

kevdiv48

* Ace Member *
Silver level trusted reviewer
Course Rating of 4.17 from 55 reviews.

Hole 14:
Short Tee, Short Pin: 300'
Short Tee, Long Pin: 370'
Long Tee, Short Pin: 370'
Long Tee, Long Pin: 440'

Course Map

Gold Tee:

4b19eddf.jpg

White Tee:

e9a4998f.jpg

Gold Basket:

7097a0c5.jpg

White Basket:

6f29499b.jpg

I throw a Crank on many of the holes there. I have never played in an event that used the short tees. We always throw from the long tees.

Icon Patriot on the shorter combos, G* Tern on the longer.

I could probably be convinced to throw a Buzzz and just play for threes, as well.

Awesome, 2 HODs in a row of courses I have played! This is another sweet course.

Probably a Roc just to keep it straight and keep it safe, maybe a PD if I am feeling frisky.

Ah yes my home course!

Long Tee: I'm throwing something slightly understable or straight. Usually stalker or leopard
Short tee: sidewinder

Probably a Patriot to start and specialty discs to get back onto the fairway after I hit a tree. :D

Short Tee, Short Pin: Pure
Short Tee, Long Pin: Leopard
Long Tee, Short Pin: Leopard
Long Tee, Long Pin: Bandit

Throw and pray.

I need drivers for these distances, but if it's as tight as it looks, I'm prolly better off with a mid...
prolly Warship, Ibex, Stratus or Storm depending on the how the lines work out

Short Tee, Short Pin - (Beat) KC Aviar RHBH
Short Tee, Long Pin - (Beat) KC Roc RHBH
Long Tee, Short Pin - (Beat) KC Roc RHBH
Long Tee, Long Pin - CE Leopard RHBH

One of my fav courses..

It doesn't make too much sense to play the shorts to shorts as you have to walk past the long tees and to the long pins anyway... so I'll just play long-long

Long-Long: Avenger SS up the gut perhaps with a bit of hyzer flip. Probably have to throw that again for the second shot.. and if I've managed to miss the trees I should be looking... more likely I'm throwing something after that to get within putting range as this course is brutal

Latest posts