• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 8/16/2016: Lemon Lake County Park - Gold/Silver Hole 18 in Crown Point, IN

fritothedog

* Ace Member *
Course Rating of 4.02 from 27 reviews.

Hole 18
Silver: 350 ft. Par 3
Gold: 530 ft. Par 4

Silver Tee:
cfae7402.jpg

Basket to Tee:
1861d517.jpg

Course Map (Silver)

Course Map (Gold)

These holes play very different. Wish they had a picture for the gold tee - it's a blind right-turning shot.

From the silver I just throw a straight Roc up the gut.

From the gold I throw a Roadrunner (or a beat Destroyer, whichever is in the bag at the time) on an extreme anhyzer around the inital bend in the fairway to lay down a roller, then lay up from there. Definitely need a spotter.

Here are the two fairways for the basket from the silver tee to help out those that haven't played here before:

5E0XswZ.jpg

The hole plays downhill. The straight up the gut shot (left route) is tighter, but has a greater chance of reaching the basket. The RHBH hyzer line is more open, but it's very difficult to get to the basket this way (requires a high floaty shot that stalls/carries far left).

Last edited:
Good info, Notroman!

Based on that, I'm thinking Comet or Leopard on the straight line from the short.

I don't recall how I played screwed this hole up when I played here but, I do remember loving LL Silver. :thmbup:

soft focus x3
soft focus x4
Watching Russel tee off before me, I realize that's probably the smartest way to play a hole like this. I'll follow suit subbing my Challenger for his Focus.

Last edited:
Gold- tern, or roc if it was during a tournament.
Silver- Crave on the hyzer route.

Both RHBH with a Viper on the hyzer line.