• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hole 15 Morley field - Hit the basket on the fly

Mark R

Par Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
A 262-foot pin position, I threw a thumber and hit the top of the basket. A gimme deuce, and the closest I've come to an ace in years.

I hit an ace on #15 a bunch of years ago in the short position on the side of the hill. That was when you could put a quarter in the pot at the pro shop and you got 3 shots to hit an ace, I think I hit it on the third shot, do they still do that? Someone had just hit it a week before me so I think I took home about $7.:doh:

Played Morley once back in the early 90's in my Adv. AM days. It was a great time and got the opportunity to play with Snapper Pearson. :thmbup: Anyhoo, was playing with a local and scored an ace on #11. Super cool cause I was able to buy a shirt at the pro shop with the event on the front. Later in that round I hit the basket on 16 and the group in front of us yelled, "If that's the dude who hit 11, hit another and we're not going to let you play here any more!". It turned out to be a bucket list experience. Actually, that might have been the last time I got an ace. :( Guess I'm due. ;)

Latest posts