• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOLIDAY DYE-OFF!!!!

sweet candy cane dye. i can't wait to see other entries

santaapache.jpg

Ho Ho Ho!

santa is great!! is he tired his eyes look bloodshot. reall nice job!!

The highlights in the eyes were SUPPOSED to be white :p, but in between the black and red, one of the bits of contact paper fell off :\, and I didn't notice until halfway through the red dye. :doh: So I had to do both :wall:

I am going to attempt a dye after Christmas. I'm thinking a simple design, one color. Any suggestions?

Just remember that you can't dye a disc lighter than its color and the color wheel rules and crap (ie blue and yellow make green). I just did my first dye, scarlet red on yellow champ and the color turned out really well.

OK. Here is my holiday dye disc. I am beyond pleased with the results. I think I went a bit overboard with the Saran Wrap, but it's Christmas. I think a little excess is in order.

The Back:
Dye36-TheGrinchESPCycloneBack750.jpg

The Front:
Dye36-TheGrinchESPCycloneFront750.jpg

I lightly crumple up some Saran Wrap in a pan, splash very little dye on it in certain locations and stick the disc face down on top of it. Since I store my loose dye in 32oz Mason jars I usually put 2-4 on top of it depending on how much color I do/do not want on the disc.

It's also an easy but super cool way to cover up bleeds. :thmbup:

That is very impressive tbird! the colors are right on! Definetely not overboard with the wrap. Who cares if it covers up bleeds if the end product is spot on. There is a perfect balance of images on the front and back, A+

That is very impressive tbird! the colors are right on! Definitely not overboard with the wrap. Who cares if it covers up bleeds if the end product is spot on. There is a perfect balance of images on the front and back, A+

tbird, that is super cool!!! i think you win.

Thanks for the kind words. It really was a labor of love. After all is said and done I don't throw Cyclones and will be adding this to my "Dyes To Go" thread after today ends if anyone's interested.

Tbird...that thing is awesome. We just got done watching the grinch last night and the disk is spot on. Really awesome job!

Latest posts