• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How do disc golf and ultimate clubs work together in your City or State?

aardvarkious

Birdie Member
There is talk of getting all of our local disc golf clubs in one umbrella organisation with the disc golf clubs. I am wondering if any of you have experienced this. If so, how's it going? What have been the advantages? What have been the challenges? How do the two sports work together?

I dont see how DISC golf and ultimate frisbee would work together.....its not like they share the same field or anything.

Other than the fact that both sports use a flying disc, they're two different animals with two different needs. I don't see what advantage a shared organization would have.

That being said, I think Ultimate is a prime recruiting ground for getting more people (and athletically inclined people to boot) into disc golf as they get older.

The New England Flying disc Association(NEFA) was originally created for this purpose. But the past 5 years have mainly been focused toward disc golf.

we occasionaly invite some of the ultimate dudes to our practices, and some of our golf players are also still somewhat active in ultimate, but that's about it.

Ultimate players tend to dismiss other disc sports because playing other disc sports might hurt their Ultimate skills. (i.e. throwing any disc besides an Ultrastar will train them to throw Ultrastars incorrectly).
Pfft...
DSCJNKY

Ultimate players tend to dismiss other disc sports because playing other disc sports might hurt their Ultimate skills. (i.e. throwing any disc besides an Ultrastar will train them to throw Ultrastars incorrectly).
Pfft...
DSCJNKY

To be honest, i was like that between 16 and 30... Now that I play golf mainly, the Ultrastar is just one more disc that flies slightly different.

Latest posts