• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How do people lose so many discs???

throwing far and having a versatile arsenal. ive literally lost over 50 disc, my local courses are hairy....and il look for up to an hour for lost plastic:mad:

I am not going to spend more than 20 minutes looking for DX plastic that is easily replaceable. That being said, I don't have many cheap discs in my bag, so I guess I am screwed.

There are a few factors for disc loss.

1 - Is there water at your local courses
2 - How dense is the foliage at your local courses.
3 - How much money do you have. (If you've got plenty o money, you're less likely to strain yourself looking for one)
4 - How strong a tendency do you have to get attached to your plastic.

Balancing these out, you get your overall likelihood of losing discs. In almost 6 years of playing, I've lost 6 discs, had 2 come back and had another 2 stolen.

I've lost about 7 discs a year over the past 4 years. Sometimes I've walked away from them after forgetting how many practice tee shots I threw. Sometimes I've lost them in deep water. Sometimes I've lost them in the woods, probably covered by leaves and forest detritis. Sometimes I swear the park gnomes steal them from my bag when I'm turned the other way -- there is no other explanation when you start a round with a disc in your bag, don't throw it, and then at the end of the round it's gone. Sometimes I've left a disc on the fairway three holes back, but by the time I head back to retrieve it, three large groups of punk high-schoolers have passed through, and there's no way to tell which one of them has stolen it.

I lose about as many discs due to my own absent-mindedness as to the hazards.

Last edited:
That being said, I don't have many cheap discs in my bag, so I guess I am screwed.

thats what im saying, the discs in my bag are my lineup, my go-to's, cant just let those babys go without a fight. cant lose a starter come tourny time..

Im def a rare loser, more of a leaver... Unless its getting dark out then I tend to lose them in the jungle.

I hate to lose my discs. I've spent over an hour looking for a disc (only once), and it's not because I can't buy another one I think its just the bond you get with your disc. I've only lost 3 to date (1 from a friend losing it while playing a snow round, 1 misplaced, and the last one off a cliff at Diamond X....which we actually well worth it)

Latest posts