• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How long did it take to get your 1st ACE?

How many years before you got your first ace?

• Total voters
i've been playing for about 5 months now and no ace yet.:( i hit the bottom of the pole once, but no chains. i'm not giving up yet!!!:D

I started playing May 2005 and I got my 1st ace about 14 months later and from there they started falling.

07/13/06 #17 Seven Oaks City Park, Nashville, TN
09/07/06 #6 Seven Oaks City Park, Nashville, TN
09/13/06 #6 Seven Oaks City Park, Nashville, TN
06/21/07 #4 Cedar Hill Park, Nashville, TN
03/05/08 #18 Two Rivers Park, Nashville, TN
03/10/08 #9 Seven Oaks City Park, Nashville, TN (skip ace)
03/14/08 #12 Seven Oaks City Park, Nashville, TN (skip ace)
03/29/08 #15 Hawk's Grove, Summerville, GA
05/27/09 #13 Crockett Park, Brentwood, TN
07/27/09 #3 Seven Oaks City Park, Nashville, TN

It took me only 27 days, and yes it was a fluke. Of course when I started on day 1, I was hooked and immediately started playing 3 days a week and 2-3 rounds per day.

This is a great story:

Monday was my 1 year anniversary from the day I started playing disc golf. I took the #1 bag tag away from the friend that introduced me to the sport and hit my 5th Ace against him while doing it :) Frickin' Awesome.....I was stoked!!!

The #1 Tag is just from a small group of about 10 players that play with us all the time, not the entire park. I play at Blue Angel in Pensacola, FL.

I have been at it 2.5 years and no "official" ace yet. Hit pole a few times and chains once, but didn't stick. I am going to predict I get 3 aces in 2010. I have to believe in that and it will happen, right?

8 months of playing before my first ace, and that one of my four aces was the most difficult.

still waitin for that first ace, i've been playing for four months

I had one bounce off the top rim of the basket in a tournament. That is the closest I have come so far.

Had my first official ace (had one in an ace race but that doesn't count in my book) at Knob Hill in Pittsburgh, PA!!! I have been playing for 2 years. So excited : )

Had my first one about a year in, this summer I was on a hot streak and got 6, on two holes, with one disc. I just had those two holes dialed in with that one disc. One was during the last doubles round of the year.

Hit chains from the tee, 265ft away, dropped a foot in front of the basket. It was about 3-4 months into my "career". 7 1/2 months in and no aces yet...after that chain shot I'm prepaired to wait a while

Just got mine earlier today, been playing for 14 months and finally got it. I got it in a pretty unconventional way too :D

discgolface.jpg

Last edited:
It was on about a 315 foot straight hole with the pin a little off to the left, that Eagle was freakin' amazing.

6 years or so now and still haven't plugged one. I threw one in from 275' for an eagle on a par 4, so that was pretty close. It'll happen eventually...

Got my first (and only) ace about 3 weeks into playing the game with this old Cyclone. It was passed on to me by a friend. I've been close a few more times, but no cigar.

ace0011.jpg

ace003.jpg

Latest posts