• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How long did it take to get your 1st ACE?

How many years before you got your first ace?

• Total voters
53 days... 4 of which I did not play (2 sick, 2 out of town)... the other 49 days had multiple rounds (up to 4 per day). I hit hole 7 @ Sylmar @ 8:00 am by myself.
DSCJNKY

Nice... I always liked hole 4. I had 2 spit on Hole 11 in the back position... otherwise no aces at the Curtain. I wanted one bad though.
DSCJNKY

The Curtain's been home to 3 of my 7 aces. Holes 4, 17, and 2. I've had tons of spitouts, off the rim of the basket, or low on the tonepole, on many of the holes out there.

it took me over two years to hit my first one. I've only hit three, but I hardly played for about 15 years of what this site says is my 20+ years of playing.

I've been playing for a little more than a year and hadn't got any. Just yesterday, I got 2, holes #3 and 13 at Albert Scweitzer Park. The problem is, no baskets at this course, just posts. Something about having chains ringing on those shots would've made it all the better. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers.

I've hit the pin a number of times, made an Oscar the Grouch ace (Garbage Can), Skipped of the top twice. But I'm still waiting... Should be any day now!

Hit basket 27 times, hit chains 8 times, hit directly in the heart of the chains to have it fall out and one cubby ace so ya still waiting.

6 years and a few months. Started in 1998 and aced on 8/4/2004 for the first time (actually on my anniversary with my wife playing too). Then I had a total of 13 thru October 2007, but sat at that unlucky number until just last Friday when I got #14! Whew! I thought I'd be skunked 2 years in a row.

Hit basket 27 times, hit chains 8 times, hit directly in the heart of the chains to have it fall out and one cubby ace so ya still waiting.

Do you really keep a tally of how many times you hit basket and chains????

After nearly 3 years of playing I got my first ace this summer. Hole #9 on the new Jimmy Porter park. It's a blind lefty shot (I'm a lefty) and it was a skip ace with a Champion Wraith. I'd say distance was ~265ft, but it wasn't marked so I don't actually know.

Got my first ace Sept. 26th 2009, at City Park in Pueblo, Colorado. It was on hole #6A, off the Pro tee with a 171 Star Wraith. Been playing seriously for about a year and a half before I got it. Make sure you write your aces on the backs of your discs.

Played my first round in 1978, but only played half a dozen times over the next 7 years. 17 year hiatus after moving to Vermont. Started playing actively in 2002 (300+ rounds) & got my first ace this spring at a tournament. Then had to tell everyone that I hadnt chipped into the ace pot. 7 years w/o hitting metal? Why bother? My second ace was 3 and half months later (same course, different fairway; and not my home course!). Seven years or Thirty-one, it was still too long. All of you waiting for your first, HANG IN THERE!!

Just got my first ace today...i posted on the first page of this thread, maybe that was good luck or something. took about 2 years (one of actually trying to improve my game) to get one and it felt awesome.