• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many discs do you carry per round?

how many discs do you carry per round?

• 1-5

Votes: 24 4.9%
  • 6-10

Votes: 76 15.6%
  • 11-15

Votes: 163 33.5%
  • 16-20

Votes: 157 32.3%
  • 21-25

Votes: 57 11.7%
  • 26-30

Votes: 8 1.6%
  • 31+

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
17 discs in the bag right now. Most of my throws will be with an aviar or roc (3 of each). There are several discs in my bag which get thrown less than one time per round. Nice to have them when you want them though...

17 discs in the bag right now. Most of my throws will be with an aviar or roc (3 of each). There are several discs in my bag which get thrown less than one time per round. Nice to have them when you want them though...

you must be playing a short course....

that sort of "kinetic intelligence" is uber rare and an art in and of itself...the highest level of DG mastery.

I'm not sure that that's what you'd call my game, lol. But I agree with being dialed in with your discs - even the ones I don't throw very well, at least I know what they're gonna do. There are plenty of factors other than the disc that we can change.

Good luck on, um, stripping down your bag. :)

sweet jesus and 8 shades of DX...

dear lord...WHY?!?!?!

ok...youre new. have you thrown much plastic besides dx? any champ or star plastic?

you have some good choices in your bag...now upgrade and learn to throw big-boy plastic.;)

I have one champ disc and thats the Champ Valk I listed. I loved the DX Valk so I decided to buy a champ Valk. Still carry the DX Valk because its still a good disc for me. I am loving the champ Valk a lot however.

I bought a DX Starfire to try out and mostly throw it on wide open shots that let me see what it can do for me before I spend the extra cash on something nicer.

I found both the Banshee and the Destoryer on courses so I didn't buy them.

I haven't found just the right putter yet so I am not sure which to spend the extra cash on.

I haven't purchased much besides DX plasitc because, well I'm new and I figured why spend extra when a lot of decent molds are available in cheaper DX for me to find out what I like? I would like to get a Leapord in better plastic, but the local shop was out at the time I lost my last DX leapord and I didn't want to wait to get a nicer one in since the weather was just too nice to go without! I'm still looking for a Pro or champ leapord, but money gets tight this time of year!

On top of all of that, my straightest flying disc is still the Cobra for whatever reason, and its only available in DX! As long as thats the case, for the time being I will always have a DX cobra in my bag. The disc I have found I like closest to the Cobra is the DX Spider I have, but its another cost verse what I already have issue at this point. I think when I have the money I will put a Champ Spider in my bag.

the two phases of the golf shot; planning and execution. getting to know your discs is crucial. i found that once the proper focus develops and you know your discs and can plan properly, you free up a lot of mental processing power to focus on placing the proper disc where and how you want it.

go out to an open field and get to know your sweet ladies. :p

I have one champ disc and thats the Champ Valk I listed. I loved the DX Valk so I decided to buy a champ Valk. Still carry the DX Valk because its still a good disc for me. I am loving the champ Valk a lot however.

I bought a DX Starfire to try out and mostly throw it on wide open shots that let me see what it can do for me before I spend the extra cash on something nicer.

I found both the Banshee and the Destoryer on courses so I didn't buy them.

I haven't found just the right putter yet so I am not sure which to spend the extra cash on.

I haven't purchased much besides DX plasitc because, well I'm new and I figured why spend extra when a lot of decent molds are available in cheaper DX for me to find out what I like? I would like to get a Leapord in better plastic, but the local shop was out at the time I lost my last DX leapord and I didn't want to wait to get a nicer one in since the weather was just too nice to go without! I'm still looking for a Pro or champ leapord, but money gets tight this time of year!

On top of all of that, my straightest flying disc is still the Cobra for whatever reason, and its only available in DX! As long as thats the case, for the time being I will always have a DX cobra in my bag. The disc I have found I like closest to the Cobra is the DX Spider I have, but its another cost verse what I already have issue at this point. I think when I have the money I will put a Champ Spider in my bag.

from what i read, youre ready to upgrade. as long as you can hyser flip a fresh dx destroyer, you should be ready to START learning champ plastic. star, to me, seems to be a better intermediate step as its a little bit more flippy.

learn the hyzer flip.
learn the hyzer flip.
learn the hyzer flip.

from what i read, youre ready to upgrade. as long as you can hyser flip a fresh dx destroyer, you should be ready to START learning champ plastic. star, to me, seems to be a better intermediate step as its a little bit more flippy.

learn the hyzer flip.
learn the hyzer flip.
learn the hyzer flip.

Thanks for the advance. I have never thrown a fresh dx destroyer. I am slowly moving to replace the DX in my bag but its a slow process for me since I currently have a much more limited spare cash flow than I once had.

A completely noobish question if you don't mind and I realize this isn't the thread for this, but since my DX Cobra is flying almost perfectly straight, would that be a sign that at least for that disc I have the hyzer flip down?(please kept in mind I'm still even learning the terms for this game and don't have a full mastery of them yet. this may be a completely dumbass question but one needing being asked by me at this point. I'm such a noob!)

Thanks for the advance. I have never thrown a fresh dx destroyer. I am slowly moving to replace the DX in my bag but its a slow process for me since I currently have a much more limited spare cash flow than I once had.

A completely noobish question if you don't mind and I realize this isn't the thread for this, but since my DX Cobra is flying almost perfectly straight, would that be a sign that at least for that disc I have the hyzer flip down?(please kept in mind I'm still even learning the terms for this game and don't have a full mastery of them yet. this may be a completely dumbass question but one needing being asked by me at this point. I'm such a noob!)

rent the movie "north shore." thats step one to apoth's DG coaching plan. what i ask my students to get out of that flick is that you work your way up to higher-level discs. and you cant tell when youre ready...you need a mentor or some other trusted outside source to give you input.

you can hyzer flip a dx cobra straight...thats a milestone...good work! :)

the fact that you flip your cobra is a sign that you have that shot down for THAT DISC. now its time to upgrade. the big dogs dont throw DX...buy/borrow/steal some champ or star plastic and learn how to work it. that seems like the most logical next step for you to me.

Last edited:
In the bag right now is... 8.

DX Birdie
DX Aviar P&A
DX XD
R-Pro Skeeter
Pro Leopard
ESP Avenger
ESP Avenger
ESP Surge

Probably will throw an ESP Buzzz in and exchange one of the Avengers for an ESP XL.

In the bag right now is... 8.

DX Birdie
DX Aviar P&A
DX XD
R-Pro Skeeter
Pro Leopard
ESP Avenger
ESP Avenger
ESP Surge

Probably will throw an ESP Buzzz in and exchange one of the Avengers for an ESP XL.

i see a huge flaw in your disc selection:

you need more innova.

Only playing since July. Only being able to get out twice or so a month.

I'm a noob. But I have fun and that's all that matters.

whats your Achilles's heal?

It actually was a straight tunnel shot. My Leopard would go right (RHBH) and my Avenger would fade too much left. Both would go straight down the fairway but then turn or fade into the woods.

I think that will be solved with the XL though. Field tested one and it was straight as a bullet, 5-10 feet off the ground and little to no fade.

rhinesel,
how do you like that Skeeter..?
I tried one out and just couldn't get a good feeling for it. I still have it but don't carry it to the course.

rhinesel,
how do you like that Skeeter..?
I tried one out and just couldn't get a good feeling for it. I still have it but don't carry it to the course.

As a mid, hate it. It's in R-Pro so that may be it (hate it too). It was the first disc I bought (was given a starter pack) and I didn't realize that R-Pro was different than Pro.

It actually has become my putter of choice. The disc and plastic works for me there. Another member commented that a Skeeter loves spin and that may be why it doesn't work for me as a mid yet (still developing my spin).

It's weird before I anointed it as my putter, I wanted to take it out of my bag after every round but I kept reaching for it in putting situations. My brain hated it but my hands liked it.

I am at about 10 discs. Usually though I only throw about 5 or 6 a round. I can do all I need at this point with those, they rest are just for backup in case I lose the others.