• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] How many DX discs are in in your bag?

I like how my stars beat in. I generally throw overstable discs as well so thats maybe why I don't prefer dx. Maybe I could get a new putter in dx for the longer putts. Thats where I am lacking right now anyways. The distance between a mid throw and putt.

I carried one DX Destroyer this year as my water disc. Funny enough I lost all 3. If I lose the Star Tern I'm throwing now I will go back to DX DS's. Love the glide and easy anhyzers (and low replacement cost :eek:)

I threw a DX only bag for 9 months and most everything in it was awesome except for less than overstable stuff above speed 5 - didn't have a long enough shelf life for me.

Currently keep...

2 XD's
1 Gazelle
1 Wolf

I add a Banshee in on windy days for the long, tight, tunnel, headwind shot that the Gazelle gives with no wind.

5-6 total
1 Polecat
1 Aviar P & A
2-3 Rocs
1 Teebird

I putt with SS Warlocks, so while they are not actually DX they are still a similar plastic.

I've never seen a Wolf on the course, but serveral guys on this thread have it posted, what do you use it for?

When the best (most open) line is anny from start to finish, the Wolf delivers. Based on speed thrown and height given, it can range anywhere from 200'-325' on a fadeless line for me but dialing in precise distance is a little tricky. I also use it to get out of trouble from a stand-still flick when you need distance on an anny line (facing/standing uphill, leaning way around, etc., it's ideal).

Chavez ridge here in Los Angeles is a short course that punishes over fade in the worst way. I drive with a Wolf on about 1/4 of the holes there and at least once on every other course I play.

Last edited:
I love DX. I always have a stingray and leopard in the bag. I also carry a DX teebird and Valkyrie a bunch.

I drive with a Wolf on about 1/4 of the holes there and at least once on every other course I play.

i wasted too much time on wolfs when i started throwing backhand. i wish someone would have told me to use a different disc. stingray or shark or roc would be so much better for any shot. wolfs are just really really bad.

The Wolf is anything but a beginner's disc. In fact, it requires the most skill of any disc that I own to place where you want it.

That said, I love when I see 3-4 guys drive in front of me and fail due to obsticals on a straight to hyzer line when the anny, no fade line is wide open. Especially the up and over route. I walk up with Wolf in hand and a smug grin on my face.

"Damn you" is the usual response when it's guys that I know.

Last edited:
BTW, I'm speaking of the bar-stamped version of the Wolf, 167-180g.

I haven't found the PFN or modern versions to fly the same as these earlier ones.

Also, I scored a bar-stamped, 180g at the DTW sale last saturday for $6 :)

I typically carry premium plastics. I built my bag based on how discs fly "out of the box" and rely on premium plastics to maintain those characteristics. That being said, I do bag DX Aviars as my putt and approach discs. For putting they feel great. plus, DX is inexpensive so its easy to maintain a stack of putters to practice with.

DX is the chite. When tacoed, you can bend it right back into shape, road rash takes to a lighter really well, it's grippy waxiness is the best in the rain and it glides for days.

Teebird x4
15 year old Big Bird Roc
20 year old Cheetah and Leopard
Beast for big rollers

Just getting sad that it is having to come out of the bag with the impending cold.

And no, Pro D and Zero are not the same as DX.

Last edited:
One, an Aviar PnA for short anny/turnover approaches and long putts. Or 3 if you count all base plastic, Sinus AP Hard for overstable approaches, and a Sinus SP Soft for all putts in the circle.

The Wolf is anything but a beginner's disc. In fact, it requires the most skill of any disc that I own to place where you want it.

That said, I love when I see 3-4 guys drive in front of me and fail due to obsticals on a straight to hyzer line when the anny, no fade line is wide open. Especially the up and over route. I walk up with Wolf in hand and a smug grin on my face.

"Damn you" is the usual response when it's guys that I know.

you should get a groove to compliment it then. those take a lot of skill to throw predictably as well

Except the Groove is an inconsistent POS. A River, Vision, Monarch, Sidewinder, Valkyrie, or Mamba covers the long anny shot much better than a groove.

Latest posts