• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many in your bag?

I have two different bags:
Fade Crunch box carries 10-12 discs and the makeup changes based on whatever disc that I want to try out or disc/mold that I want to work on.

Revo Club bag (cheaper version of the the Carolina) carries 16 in the main compartment, plus 3 P&A in the putter pockets, and a coupe or three water discs in a side pocket. Usually about 22.

I could probably get by with less, but I always seem to need that disc i left back home.

i have 18 but some i dont even use. just in there incase someone wants to try one out

11 drivers, 2 fairway, 3 mids, 1 putter. Alot of my drivers are just spares for ppl that don't have alot of discs. I probably drive with 3-4 if not a mid.

I carry 15:

8 Drivers

1 Fairway

4 Midrange

2 putters.

They do the job for almost any course I hit.

I agree that 22 seems little much.

Are those back ups, or what does each disc do for you?

I carry 13-15, and 17 in a tournament.
I throw probably 6-7 in a round, and have a bunch of backups

I don't carry that many molds, basically I have

Rocs (3-4 rocs)
KC or JK Aviars (2-3)
Warlock (1, Because I lost my beat in aviar)
Teebird (2 teebirds, 1 TL)
Sidewinder (2)
Surge (1 or 2 depending on the weather)
And usually a few discs that I'm trying out, right now I have 2 destroyers and a nuke

18 discs, 10 molds
3 putters (2 xd, challenger)
5 mids (3 buzzzes, 2 drones)
10 drivers (4 teebirds, 2 eagles, leopard, pred, stalker, xtreme)

i could lose the xtreme, one of the teebirds is in trial mode. pretty simple

I basically have a mixture of over-, under-, and stable discs. Distance drivers for each, fairway drivers for each, midranges for each and putters for each. I just like a variety. I don't like to limit myself on shot creativity because I might not have the right disc for any given shot, you know what I mean.

I basically have a mixture of over-, under-, and stable discs. Distance drivers for each, fairway drivers for each, midranges for each and putters for each. I just like a variety. I don't like to limit myself on shot creativity because I might not have the right disc for any given shot, you know what I mean.

I feel the same way, but if you hit the open field and try different shots, some discs can do double duty. That is what I do. Some discs I can do more than one shot with

I carry 15:

I agree that 22 seems little much.

Are those back ups, or what does each disc do for you?

I carry
three P&A discs (Evo Magic/putt, Summit/turnover, Ch Rhyno/hyzer)
six mid-ranges (QMS/straight, FT Roc/hyzer, Comet/turnover, Drone/hard hyzer, Zone/hyzer skips (and an extra - right now a Meteor)
four fairway discs (ESP Stratus/long straight and X-Stratus/long severe turnover, beat KC Pro Cheetah/long slow turnover, new KC Pro Cheetah/long with a fade at the end.
three drivers (Star TL/long with a fade, ESP Stalker/long straight finish, Firebird/untility disc)
side pocket discs #1 Slice/turnover floater, Epic/hyzer floater, utility, and usually something to try out.

I have some duplication, I know.
Drone/Zone
ESP Stratus/Beat KC Pro Cheetah.

I Substitute in a Star SL and an ESP Flash for longer open courses.

I carry about 17 all the time.

3 putters
5 mids
3 fairway
6 drivers.

I play about 6 courses pretty regularly. About twice a month I will look through my bag and see if there is a disc that I haven't thrown in a while and evaluate why that disc is still in my bag. I also go throw every disc that I have (about 40) a couple times a month and see if there's something that's not in my bag that I want to try. My bag has a few discs that get used every 4th or 5th round and those tend to change a good bit. But...there are some that will always have a place in my bag and will never be replaced. For me this system seems to work and I feel like there is no situation that I won't have a disc for.

I carry
three P&A discs (Evo Magic/putt, Summit/turnover, Ch Rhyno/hyzer)
six mid-ranges (QMS/straight, FT Roc/hyzer, Comet/turnover, Drone/hard hyzer, Zone/hyzer skips (and an extra - right now a Meteor)
four fairway discs (ESP Stratus/long straight and X-Stratus/long severe turnover, beat KC Pro Cheetah/long slow turnover, new KC Pro Cheetah/long with a fade at the end.
three drivers (Star TL/long with a fade, ESP Stalker/long straight finish, Firebird/untility disc)
side pocket discs #1 Slice/turnover floater, Epic/hyzer floater, utility, and usually something to try out.

I have some duplication, I know.
Drone/Zone
ESP Stratus/Beat KC Pro Cheetah.

I Substitute in a Star SL and an ESP Flash for longer open courses.

Your TL has fade? Wow, mine goes dead straight. I use either a Crush or a Wraith for long with fade.

Your TL has fade? Wow, mine goes dead straight. I use either a Crush or a Wraith for long with fade.

The TL that I currently have (new/175 g) fades a little too. However, the TL that I lost about a month ago (beat/167 g) would finish straight or turn slightly. I think It depends on the level of wear and weight. Of course...you may also just have a stronger arm.

I've been carrying 17 for the last month or so. I'll be back up to 19 once I get replacements for two discs that I lost. 7 of the discs are backups that I just carry with me all the time.

Up until getting my new DGA starter bag last week, I was carrying an Innova Deluxe bag and I usually had around 21 discs in it. Now I only carry 11.

5 Drivers
4 Midranges
2 Putters

...My back has never felt better.:D