• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many PDGA events have you played?

I guess i'm to blame for losing my records a few years ago. The PDGA site has some bad info. Some years it says I played 0 yet it shows about 10. I typically play between 20-30 each year. Next year will be my 20th year so i'll guess and say around 400+.

Just one.

But that's mostly because I work too much and can never get time off. I plan on playing at least 2 tourneys next year plus the Ace Race.

Awesome to see all of the people who really get into tournaments. My numbers only represent 2000-2012. I have no idea how many I played between 96-99?

This year I played less than usual due to lots of other things happening this summer.

I love playing tournaments. Competing, hanging out with great friends and making new ones. There is just something special about these events to me.

The USDGC a few weeks ago was my 226th PDGA event.

In this, I have played...
Am Worlds (1)
Pro Worlds (2)
Am World Doubles (1)
Pro World Doubles (1)
US Doubles (1)
USDGC (1)
NT's (2)

I've won 1 intermediate event, 8 advanced events and 1 open event. My highest rated round in this stretch has been 1074.

So you've cashed in Open multiple times but you still play Advanced?

So you've cashed in Open multiple times but you still play Advanced?

I'm not sure what made you bring that up....but yes, I play advanced again. I suffered a bad injury to my neck playing disc golf in 2008 that forced me to change my throw. My doctor basically told me that if I didn't change, I would have permanent damage. So I had to change my throw and my game went to crap.

I'm not sure what made you bring that up....but yes, I play advanced again. I suffered a bad injury to my neck playing disc golf in 2008 that forced me to change my throw. My doctor basically told me that if I didn't change, I would have permanent damage. So I had to change my throw and my game went to crap.

Was just curious. I can relate... I have problems with my right hip as the result of an injury after a bike crash several years ago that forces me to drive left-handed. At least you're in advanced... I'm still stuck in rec for the most part... :wall:

About 80....PDGA website doesn't go back far enough, and the early years are inaccurate, anyway.

In the 1990s when I had the health and time, there weren't that many events unless I was willing to travel a long way. Now that there's an event or three every weekend near me, I don't have the time. Sigh.

Every year I promise myself one-a-month. It never works out.

My first time throwing golf discs at baskets was in a PDGA Sanctioned Tournament (Dec 2007).

Since then:
82 PDGA sanctioned tournaments
28 PDGA sanctioned league events (2012)
2 Southern National tournaments
26 unsanctioned tournaments
~140 unsanctioned minis

Took a look myself and was surprised at how many i have played
Started playing golf New Years day 2005. Played my first PDGA the Azalea in April of the same year as a non member. cashed in INT and joined the PDGA the next week.

since then
111 sanctioned events as a member

1 intermediate win (100% win ratio in Intermediate)
1 Advanced win (a 1-day)
1 Pro win
10 Pro Masters wins