• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many R.I.P.'s have you played?

More than I care to keep track of, but only one worth mentioning: Boylan Family Farm.

The old/original Miami Whitewater Frisbee golf course. The first course I played. Spent two summers there around 1980. Fun course with a lid.

I miss Rockledge Florida. It was around coco beach area. I think it is r.i.p as it was a private pay-to-play course and the land may have been more valuable to keep it for d golf?

I also miss FAU MacArthur in Jupiter, FL It was a decent campus course that was improving the layout right up until it was closed. Does anyone know if someone was hit by a disc? some baskets were to close to the bldgs.

Last edited:
I miss Rockledge Florida. It was around coco beach area. I think it is r.i.p as it was a private pay-to-play course and the land may have been more valuable to keep it for d golf?

I also miss FAU MacArthur in Jupiter, FL It was a decent campus course that was improving the layout right up until it was closed. Does anyone know if someone was hit by a disc? some baskets were to close to the bldgs.

I went to the Fla Triple Crown in 1991 I think, that was the last year they used Rockledge for the triple crown.

So, what's the deal with Flyboy? It sounds like it has baskets, is still a course, and is still playable. So is it just really private or what?

So, what's the deal with Flyboy? It sounds like it has baskets, is still a course, and is still playable. So is it just really private or what?

A lot of the R.I.P. courses still exist. They were private before and as long as you called ahead of time and let the owner know you're coming MOST of the time you were okay to play.

Eventually plans change and owners want to keep the course, but they don't want to have it listed in any directory and in a way "close" it to the public. If you know the person that owns the course and have a good relationship with them they might still be open to opening up the course to you (or your friends) to play, but they are pretty much off limits to the public and therefore are listed as R.I.P. here.

Worked at Circle R for a couple years before it began shutting down, and lived nearby prior to that job, and honestly probably have over 1,000 rounds there. I made its official tee signs and course maps from memory, if that means anything. Pease was our go-to Austin course for years as well, I did its tee signs too but they were only up for a couple years before closing.

Peace is my one and only R.I.P'd

Glad I got to throw a couple of rounds there.

Oregon Park in Marietta, GA. It was before I was really into disc golf, and I don't really remember a lot about it, and didn't really know what to look for back then, so I can't really rate it. I don't live in the Atlanta area (I played it visiting friends, and they don't live there anymore either) so I have no idea what the story is, but it looks like a new layout replaced the old course.

5 Extinct. I think two are just re-configured.

Best... Golden Hills in VA. I need to get back there to check out the new configuration. I loved the original

Most memorable... Cloverland Farms in ME. Hit my first ace there and had my daughter (7 at the time, I think) play a full 9 holes with me. :thmbup:

NorthEast Creek Park in Jax, NC.
Really just re-configured, but I don't think that a single hole is left from the old layout.
I kinda miss it, sorta like the flu... Horrible layout, but it was a Classic from wayback when people threw lids, and actually had some holes I enjoyed.
Like the new layout much better.

I count 35 RIP's on my course played list. My favorite RIP's would be the two Circle R courses in Wemberly, Texas and Dalaiwood and Lakewood King County Park in Washington state.

I've only got 2. The old layout at SeaTac DGC and Kapalua Adventures on Maui. Kapalua was super cool, but the layout was kind of hard to follow. I heard it got shutdown because the ball golfers at the surrounding golf courses weren't that happy with the fact that the disc golfers could play for free, and they had to shell out $200 for the same walk around the park. :thmbdown::thmbdown:

old blue, red, white and gold in grand rapids. Last trip back home i got to play the new layout (well new to me.) not the same. Now old farm what i use to call my home course is crowded with chuckers and you cant even get halfway down a fairway without having disc thrown at you like buck shot.

I counted up 68 different DG courses. 29 that we're redesigned and 39 that are in the RIP mode. The courses I miss the most and wanna play today if I could would be------------------------ -

1) Boylan Family Farm Laurel Springs, N.C. one of the most best I ever played!
2) The Blockhouse <Tiki> course Spotslyvania, Va. I wanted so bad 2 play this DGC lit up @ night with the other festivities nearby (pinball machines, tiki bar, stage for bands)
3). Crystal City Underground Crystal City, Mo. Yes, it was hard. but what a experience
4). Enman Riverside Caribou, Me.
5). Kensington Metro Pk. Milford Twp. Mi.
6). Big Run Columbus, Ohio I often wonder if we could have a do over here
7). Seatac Seatac, Wa. glad I played it, as I found the next tee by the duct tape in the basket wells which lead me to the next tee. Which I incoporated on many of other courses I've been involved with :)
8). Phoenixville YMCA Pheonixville, Pa. pretty cool course, but to much beer cans liter for a YMCA course or a park for that matter :(
9). Alwoods Rensselaer, In.
10). johnny Roberts Arvada, Co.

Charlton Woods, MA. Two courses, one lasted less than a year. I enjoyed both of them the one time I was there. Anyone know what happened to them?

Latest posts