• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many rounds your first year?

I started playing 14 months ago. I've played roughly 250 rounds. I generally play 54 holes every Saturday and Sunday and 2-3 rounds midweek. Rain, Snow, or Shine.

I played 3-4 rounds per day for the first 3 months (with 4 missed days). So that would be about 300 rounds there...

And then I probably averaged about 2 rounds per day the rest of the year. So that would be about 540 rounds...

So, maybe 850 rounds +... (I'd error on the plus side)

DSCJNKY

I played close to 300 rounds my first year...I was a lot better too. It took a toll on my body and now I suck.

All these rounds are helping alot! I tried random mixed doubles league once about 2 months ago and my pard had to carry me the whole time. The only thing I did that was worth anything was at the end we were in a 6 way tie for 2nd, and in the playoff holes, my pard missed a 20' putt leaving in my hands to get us 2nd. Well, I made the putt and made my first $5 playing frisbee golf. Tonight I tried it again, had just as good of a pard, but my game has evolved so much that I actually contributed in our 3 way tie for 2nd. It was dark by the time we were finished so they just left it to a CTP shootout. We got third, but my point is that I made 6 tough putts and several park job drives to help get us to the -9. I was actually waiting to get struck by lightning afterwards. It makes me feel that my dedication/addiction to throwing is justified! God I love this game!!

first year I had over 300. Before I moved away from the warwick area I was averaging 4-5 rounds a day every time I played for 2 months. that slowed down when I had no courses within an hour of me, but when I moved near Vineland I was able to play a decent amount again.

that was back in 2003 BTW!

My first year was along time ago. I have no idea....

How ever when I came back to the game (after a break of ~ 6 years) on May 8th 2010 I played 358 rounds. 350 rounds before losing a disc in the snow shortly before Christmas.

5 rounds a day?? I don't know how you can do that. I takes two of us at least 2 hrs to get in a round. And that is playing 24 holes quickly. That put me at 10 hrs with no break. About dawn to dusk here in Michigan. I am guessing you can get a lot better in a hurry putting in that kind of playing.

Not very much when I first found the game, but about 2008 I cought the fever and started playing alot.

I played 1 round my 1st year. I got deployed to Iraq for a year soon after and that put my disc golf addiction aside. Of course it wasn't an addiction until my second year.

I seriously thought that 175 rounds my first year was going to be far and away more than anyone ealse. :D

I played my first basket course, with a play-catch frisbee, in 1989 at a course that they had to make several strokes easier for the 1996 Worlds (Oxbow Park, Goshen, IN). A gentleman there who joined the PDGA in 1977 gave me my first real Disc (a Stingray that I lost in an acre of poison ivy in short order), and I liked the game enough to play 5 or 10 times a year or so. I didn't know about other courses at the time, and with no internet or basically anything else back then, I didn't think about Disc Golf outside of my little world there. There was no Disc Golf at all at Ball State when I did undergrad there in the early '90s, but I did bring a Stingray, an Aviar Putter and a Roc to throw around the Quad (horribly, too, in those days). I left my Whippet and Viper on the wall in my apartment as they were too difficult.

Fast forward to 1995 when we moved to East Lansing and my wife started grad school. There, I discovered Grand Woods Park, and that holes didn't necessarily have to be 650' triple doglegs in the woods with head high thorns in the middle of the fairway. It was then that I started my obsession with this sport, especially attending J-Bird's Capital City Renegades and learning how to actually throw a Disc. I was astonished to see someone bomb a Cyclone over 300 feet!

To the topic, I played more than 250 rounds a year while I was in my twenties at Grand Woods, and later discovering Hudson Mills Metropark, one of my favorite places on Earth in the 1990s, keeping meticulous hole-by-hole averages for each game. Those scores are still on a floppy disk somewhere in the basement down here. Boy do I miss those days, even though I'm a better player by far now, and I no longer feel like I have to throw Barracudas to score well!

I play at least once a day, often twice, since about July. so probably no less than 150, although the majority of those rounds are on a 9 hole.

I probably played a dozen rounds the first 5 years I played put together. I've played a couple thousand since.