• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many rounds your first year?

AdmiralQuack

Par Member
I just started throwing at the end of March this year and I have thrown 193 rounds so far :D. How many rounds did you throw in your first 6 months, how bout the first year? I have definitely become addicted to this game! I live in WI, and have approx. 3 more months of decent weather remaining, how many rounds will I get in before 2013? any predictions:confused:?

Just started last May and I have thrown about 70 rounds total...maybe less.

Hard to say for me... Technically, I started playing 10 years ago. I bought my first discs, but I knew nothing about actual courses. (I actually went to a park that HAD a course, but didn't know it and just threw at trees for a while. o_O) Two and a half years ago I played my first real course, and that summer I started playing almost daily. However one day late summer someone was driving on a parallel hole to myself... That person missed and mando and I heard "Fore!" just in time to turn my head and attempt to catch his drive with my nose... >.<

Anyway, after I got cleaned and stitched up I did go back out the following week. However, I wasn't as gung-ho for the rest of that summer/fall and didn't play much until the next summer.

I can't remember what I had for dinner last night, and you want me to remember how many rounds I threw 37 years ago? LOL! (No DGCR back then)

(I guess I'm not the only one to ask, "is this normal?")
289 so far, with 19 days to go in my first year. I'll probably be right at 300 rounds. Fortunately, I kept a scorecard from the get-go, and found this website to keep track (it's great for goal-setting and accomplishments!) :D

- I played 3 rounds in 2008
- 14 rounds in 2009
- 66 rounds in 2010, 1 santioned tournament
- 88 rounds in 2011, 1 unsanctioned tournament & 3 sanctioned tournaments

My first 12 months I played over 300 rounds. I started off playing one a week for about 6 weeks, then 5 times a week for a couple weeks, then my buddy got into it too and I was out there 10 - 12 times a week.

I have kept a scorecard ever since the first day I stepped onto a course, but just recently was told about this site. I have been told by family members that I should seek counselling for my addiction, lol. I'm hooked, but I don't see the harm in wanting to be outside enjoying nature and getting a workout. I started throwing to rehab a mcl tear I suffered this past January. It has done wonders!

Maybe 50-70 rounds on the USM object course in '79-'80. Maybe 120 rounds in 6 months at Dabney, Pier, Milo and Willamette in 2002 when I started playing with true golf discs.

I have no idea. Most of my first year I was playing about two rounds a week, and then the following summer (started in August, so still counts as the same year) I started playing daily to try to improve. I've cut back on the rounds though and mostly practice during the work week though.

well we usually play 2 rounds a day but not counting winter, so 200 rounds, because counting my time with a broken fibula

Easy answer since I wrote a program that keeps up with all of my stats and there's a report on how many times I play each year.

Year 1 2006 : 141
Year 2 2007 : 138
Year 3 2008 : 126
Year 4 2009 : 95
Year 5 2010 : 54
Year 6 2011 : 29 - Year our daughter was born, priorities changed a lot
Year 7 2012 : 65 - Moved 1 mile from a course in March - playing much more

I definitely see a pattern from 2006-2010, but picking it back up.

I have kept a scorecard ever since the first day I stepped onto a course, but just recently was told about this site. I have been told by family members that I should seek counselling for my addiction, lol. I'm hooked, but I don't see the harm in wanting to be outside enjoying nature and getting a workout. I started throwing to rehab a mcl tear I suffered this past January. It has done wonders!

Welcome!

Easy answer since I wrote a program that keeps up with all of my stats and there's a report on how many times I play each year.

Year 1 2006 : 141
Year 2 2007 : 138
Year 3 2008 : 126
Year 4 2009 : 95
Year 5 2010 : 54
Year 6 2011 : 29 - Year our daughter was born, priorities changed a lot
Year 7 2012 : 65 - Moved 1 mile from a course in March - playing much more

I definitely see a pattern from 2006-2010, but picking it back up.

nice to see someone else is nerd enough to track this like i do

nice to see someone else is nerd enough to track this like i do

Yea my program reports all kind of course information on scores,averages, %'s of pars, birdies, bogies, seasonal averages, how many different courses played per state, etc. All kinds of nerdy stuff. I like to know how I've progressed over time, the time of year when I play and how I'm doing per course. All of this just seems important when your dedicated to your hobby you love :)