• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How much do you like your disc(s)?

How long have you spent searching for a disc?

• Total voters

LookIhitAtREE

Par Member
As I suffered 20 through 20 minutes in 3 foot, damp weeds looking for my disc, I thought of a poll. What's the longest you have/would look for a errant shot?

I spent about 2 hrs in some nasty poo water looking for a Candy Pro Firebird. I found four other crap discs, but not the Firebird. :(

It wasn't that big, 40' diameter, 1 foot deep, black as turds and full of little sticks. What a bad day that was.

I spent half an hour in a creek looking for a favorite putter, then three days later spent half an hour in a different creek looking for one of Ashleigh's favorite putters. Didn't find either, ended up with 6 other discs out of those two adventures.

meh, 15 minutes is usually max.

I only throw production stuff so I can easily replace it.

I look around a bit longer for premium plastic as it is double the cost of base plastics.

I looked for a USDGC Champ Roc for 45 mins or so.. It got dark, I went home and slept on it. Next morning I went back, and it was in plain sight! I coulda sworn I looked over that spot a million times. Amazing how that happens, tall grass..

I spent something like 15 minutes wandering around in a swamp with water over my ankles with Jukeshoe and Noill Golf. It was cold and raining and I felt guilty having them in there (even though it was totally Noill's fault) so I pretended to give up. After they left I went back and wandered around in the muck for another 15 minutes before I found it.

I looked for a Cyclone at Lippold Park one time for an hour until it got dark, then came back in the morning to look for another 20 minutes before work. I never found it. It's those disc you never find that you look the longest for.

It doesn't matter what disc it is, I never leave a disc if I can help it. I look to no end for even the crappiest of discs. There are few discs I would leave, and those are not in the bag so it doesn't matter.

i don't have a ton of money, so i'll look for 30 minutes. My discs are in my bag for a reason; because i like them and they have a purpose. I also look for other discs while i'm looking for mine and that usually works out well.

If I'm by myself i usually look until it is found, if im with a group maybe 15-20 mins and if that doesnt work ill come back by myself

once i lost a brand new striker, it took 6days of going there every morning before work, and every night after work, spending about 30-40 min a day before i stumbled upon on it. the only way i found it was it was a bad week of rain and wind so i knew the course had next to no traffic all week. i lucked out.

I spent about an hour wading knee deep in a cold, murky creek looking for my beloved Element. After giving up, I came back the next day and fished it out with my brother. My poor baby took a cold creek bath for almost 24 hours, and when we reunited, we hugged and talked about all the good times we've had, and I told him it would never happen again. It was very touching for both of us. The End.

It depends on the disc and the circumstances. If it's a fairly chunked DX Aero, I won't spend much time on. (I always have a good stock of spares.)

If I'm traveling and I've lost a disc that I don't have a spare of, I'll do whatever it takes to get it back. I once climbed down the side of a vertical arroyo to get my Viking back. (Good thing I had some rope in the truck.)

I still grieve for a dyed Polaris. I was just getting to really like that disc. (And that was two years ago.)

On a few occasions I have spent over an hour and a half of looking and then woke up at sunrise to get back out and look some more. So far I have never lost one that I went back out the next day to continue searching for....knock on wood!

If I don't find it by nightfall I come back early the next morning and usually find it at that point.

I've done this before. It's usually getting dark when I lose one, then go back the next morning and find it in 2 seconds lol

I'm having a hard time answering the poll because it really depends on the disc(a great disc or one I purposely threw because its a hole with a high lost disc factor) or circumstances(High lost disc factor hole or hole nobody should lose a disc ever) or if I'm playing with a group or not

Latest posts