• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How much do your practice?

Jacob

Birdie Member
In a field, not the course. I am fortunate to have a football field next to my local course. I usually go play after class and throw till dark. How much do you practice in the feild?

Also, I like to go back late at night and turn on the lights on the football feild and practice long drives. It's one of the more enjoyable things to do in this world.

well, in the spring, summer, and fall I will usually go over too the highschool soccer field and throw drives about 3-4 times a week with an average of about 50 or so throws. In the winter, though, there is like 6 feet of snow on the ground, so I really cant, just like now. I usually have to make a road trip down to Boise to play on the weekends, just to keep my game up. It sucks living in the mts sometimes.

On average, I'll go out to a field to practice about once every 2 months or so. Unused soccer fields and baseball fields are nearby and they can give a good estimation of distance as well.

Usually, my reason for picking a field over a course is one of the following:
- bought a few new drivers I want to test out their full flight pattern
- want to test out a new grip or technique without losing discs in woods, or holding up players
- want to throw some at lunch time, but there's not enough time to hit a course

I guess I'd probably go out to fields more if it didn't nearly kill me to be out throwing discs without the sounds of chains being hit. ;)

On average, I'll go out to a field to practice about once every 2 months or so. Unused soccer fields and baseball fields are nearby and they can give a good estimation of distance as well.

Usually, my reason for picking a field over a course is one of the following:
- bought a few new drivers I want to test out their full flight pattern
- want to test out a new grip or technique without losing discs in woods, or holding up players
- want to throw some at lunch time, but there's not enough time to hit a course

I guess I'd probably go out to fields more if it didn't nearly kill me to be out throwing discs without the sounds of chains being hit. ;)

sorry to thread jack...but you have some SMALL courses you got your aces at...a firebird on a 110' hole? WTF?...

K back to topic at hand!!

I practice more then I go to the course...and it makes me want to get a portable basket, I have a homemade one but didn't make it very portable :doh:

sorry to thread jack...but you have some SMALL courses you got your aces at...a firebird on a 110' hole? WTF?...

K back to topic at hand!!

I practice more then I go to the course...and it makes me want to get a portable basket, I have a homemade one but didn't make it very portable :doh:

That's jump putt range :eek:

hardly ever. I need to do it more often. Especially with my late releases lately. Will probably do this tomorrow.

During the summer I practices 5 days a week and hit the course on the weekends. Now that my schedule is all messed up, I only hit it a couple times a week.

I like practice, it gives me the thrill of throwing, with out the frustration of a poorly thrown disc ruining a score. I like getting better and practice is the best place for that.

I dont practice enough, especially since I normally only get out on weekends, but I am going to work on getting more practice in.

Lots more putting practice than field practice. (Alas, not nearly enough).

More often use fields for roller practice (large baseball fields, with fences to corral escapes) than drivers.

The closest I come to field practice is emptying bag bag on one of the holes at my home course. The tee is right by the parking lot, and it's a big field to the right with a row of trees on the left, with the basket about 300 feet away. Sometimes I'll throw from the parking lot. Usually though I'm playing a round.

I like to practice situational shots on the course (when I am alone and not holding anyone up). I practice drives in the field about 2 times a month and I practice putting and approaches in the neighborhood park about once a week. I have a portable basket and I should be putting much more!

I've got two baskets in my back yard. An old ching portable at work and a course down the street from my work where I will putt on my lunch break on nice days.

I putt in my yard less than 2 hours per week. At work 30 minutes per week. Lunch break about an hour per week.

I don't do a lot of field work. When you throw as far as I do, it gets old walking back and forth. ;)

I agree that ordinary feilds aren't any fun. But football feilds have measurements from both ends, which makes it much more fun. I usually throw from goal line to goal line. You might be suprised at how much further you throw after the first few rips. It's alot of fun trying to beat your last one.

Occasional football fld for driver accuracy.
2 portable baskets for putting and approaches in my backyard, every chance I get.

During the summer, I'll get out to the field once or twice a week.
Now that the days are short, I throw in my garage - into a net.
It's quicker than field practice because you don't have to walk out to gather your discs.
It doesn't substitue field practice because you don't see the entire disc flight.
I practice putting about 10mins a day. I'll have a serious putting practice session about every two months. Not enough, and my putting could use some improvement.

Latest posts