• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hucker Magazine

At this point they are only a few weeks past the original ship date.

I'm not willing to light my torch and form a lynch mob just yet, as I'm really hoping that they can pull this off.

I'm not digging the many people on here who are calling this venture a scam. I assure you it's not. But when I was approached to write for them, then edit for them, I sensed there would be hiccups.

I can 100% guarantee you that the men and women behind Hucker magazine are not out to scam anybody. They do have a full, talented staff but have run into some serious issues. I'm not at liberty to say why (there are some personal issues happening that, frankly, are none of our business,) but again, I assure you this is not a scam. If you were going to scam people with a magazine, why go to the effort of getting interviews with Avery Jenkins and Dave Feldberg? Why make a run of custom discs and shirts?

The situation is: several people with huge passion attempt to make a magazine of a very, very niche sport. Does not go as planned. I don't begrudge them this. HOWEVER, if they took the time to update people on the progress (include their staff, i.e. me) this thread likely would not even exist.

At this point they are only a few weeks past the original ship date.

I'm not willing to light my torch and form a lynch mob just yet, as I'm really hoping that they can pull this off.

I'm right there with ya. Not trying to start a fire and form a lynch mob either. Really just wanting to let it be known to others and hopefully catch the eye of the publishers. If they see how its affecting their subscribers then maybe we can get and answer as to what is going on to cause the delay. I want to see them succeed so bad because I would love a actual informative DG mag, unlike DiscGolfer Magazine, but they need to understand you have to follow through with your promises or atleast make it right in some way or another. Just a simple "We rushed a little on putting out the mag at the said time but in order to provide the standard of magazine we hope to put out, there has been a small delay and we plan on having it shipped on ________" That would have been TOTALLY UNDERSTANDABLE. Just seems like they know they have messed up and their ego's or whatever it may be is preventing them from manning up and saying "Sorry guys we messed up, we will have more info on the new release date in the next few days"

I'm not digging the many people on here who are calling this venture a scam. I assure you it's not. But when I was approached to write for them, then edit for them, I sensed there would be hiccups.

I can 100% guarantee you that the men and women behind Hucker magazine are not out to scam anybody. They do have a full, talented staff but have run into some serious issues. I'm not at liberty to say why (there are some personal issues happening that, frankly, are none of our business,) but again, I assure you this is not a scam. If you were going to scam people with a magazine, why go to the effort of getting interviews with Avery Jenkins and Dave Feldberg? Why make a run of custom discs and shirts?

The situation is: several people with huge passion attempt to make a magazine of a very, very niche sport. Does not go as planned. I don't begrudge them this. HOWEVER, if they took the time to update people on the progress (include their staff, i.e. me) this thread likely would not even exist.

100% Agree. I dont want to come off as i'm trying to say its a scam, I dont think that at all. Like you said why would they go out and get Avery and Feldberg to back this and not deliver. I think it will come, someday. Just would like to be updated on when that will be.

Communication seems to be a pretty large flaw with DG companies.

Hey, at least they aren't Salient!!

:)

I agree. I wasn't originally intending on saying anything bad about this venture, just got side tracked. Me and many others do have a concern when there is no communication going on. Just say we appologize and we are working hard to get thing done and we ran into a few hiccups and that is it. I am all for it, more disc golf in general is fun. I wish them the best and I want this to work out like many others do. More DG litterature sounds like more fun...good luck Hucker Magazine.

They said from the beginning that they would send out the first issue at the end of February. Its now almost mid-March and no one has received a issue. It also seems a good majority of people who ordered a shirt or hoodie or whatever else have no received that either. Hucker mag posted alot of info and updates on their FB page up til the very last week of February. Ironic huh? Now they fail to respond to anyone that send them email or a response on their page.

Wow, that sucks.

They do have a full, talented staff but have run into some serious issues. I'm not at liberty to say why (there are some personal issues happening that, frankly, are none of our business,) but again, I assure you this is not a scam.
Personal business shouldn't interfere with real business. You can't just push back publication deadlines because some **** happened in your life.

Especially when you've already taken money from your customers.

Amazing how the disc golf world just defends this kind of unprofessional behavior. And then the same people wonder why things can't get to the next level...

Personal business shouldn't interfere with real business. You can't just push back publication deadlines because some **** happened in your life.

Amazing how the disc golf world just defends this kind of unprofessional behavior. And then the same people wonder why things can't get to the next level...

Word. I couldn't have put it any better. Also, nice Tame Impala avatar.

Personal **** shouldn't interfere with business, but it does happen...all the time. I don't know there was an actual deadline set, I think it's more of a guideline in this case. People pay for things all the time that get backordered.

Cheese%20and%20Whine.jpg

Personal **** shouldn't interfere with business, but it does happen...all the time. I don't know there was an actual deadline set, I think it's more of a guideline in this case. People pay for things all the time that get backordered.
A perfect customer right here.

"Its not a 'deadline'..... its a 'guideline." LOLOLOLO. You can't be serious.

When an item I order from Amazon goes on backorder.... I get an email IMMEDIATELY letting me know the situation. You know, because I'm a paying customer and they value my business and whatnot.

A perfect customer right here.

"Its not a 'deadline'..... its a 'guideline." LOLOLOLO. You can't be serious.

When an item I order from Amazon goes on backorder.... I get an email IMMEDIATELY letting me know the situation. You know, because I'm a paying customer and they value my business and whatnot.
No customer here. What was amazon like when they sold their first product? How did that deadline for obama-care work out?

What was amazon like when they sold their first product?
Comparing something as innovative and technologically groundbreaking as online shopping to a bunch of disc golf rats trying to publish a magazine (using technology that has existed since 1450, no less) is downright laughable.

Seriously. Nice try. But you're still bat**** crazy for defending these clowns.

Ta ta. Have a nice evening! :)

Last edited:
It's great that some of you have run start-ups without a hitch, but I deal with a lot of small businesses and they're all susceptible to mistakes, and major issues in their personal lives impacting their business's service. It's almost unavoidable in the small business world.

Poor communication, on the other hand, is a major mistake.

Comparing something as innovative and technologically groundbreaking as online shopping to a bunch of disc golf rats trying to publish a magazine (using technology that has existed since 1450, no less) is downright laughable.

Seriously. Nice try. But you're still bat**** crazy for defending these clowns.

Ta ta. Have a nice evening! :)
Comparing a conglomerate company that provides service to billions of people around the globe, to a start-up disc golf company with maybe a few hundred customers at best, is a complete abomination of an argument.

Comparing a conglomerate company that provides service to billions of people around the globe, to a start-up disc golf company with maybe a few hundred customers at best, is a complete abomination of an argument.
Glad that we agree. Remember... you made the comparison.

Also brought in a nice 'Obamacare' reference.

Godwin's Law 2.0

End the thread.

It's great that some of you have run start-ups without a hitch, but I deal with a lot of small businesses and they're all susceptible to mistakes, and major issues in their personal lives impacting their business's service. It's almost unavoidable in the small business world.

Poor communication, on the other hand, is a major mistake.

That's the only reason I'm complaining.

That's the only reason I'm complaining.

Yep. I will defend this company against any other argument but that one. Like I said, I won't air all the dirty laundry (not my right to do so) but the lack of even an update to the paying customers, much less the people involved with working on said product is very, very unfortunate.

After this though, I'm sure they will have the kinks worked out and all will be good. Looking forward to seeing the final product when it does come out!

Hopefully they are in contact with the companies that are advertising in the magazine. I would see this as one of the major issues for sustainability if not.

Latest posts