• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hucker Magazine

Flying Disc Magazine would have been ok had the PDGA not given the opt out of the magazine option that year for membership to save a few bucks.

They were originally guaranteed so many PDGA members would be getting the magazine. Then that didn't happen and FDM couldn't stay afloat. Kind of sad as it was actually a really good publication.

From Facebook (24 minutes ago):

SORRY SORRY SORRY!
We've been so busy lately and printing is a longer process than anticipated. We are working on it and should be at your door by the end of next week!
Sorry for the delay!

Flying Disc Magazine would have been ok had the PDGA not given the opt out of the magazine option that year for membership to save a few bucks.

They were originally guaranteed so many PDGA members would be getting the magazine. Then that didn't happen and FDM couldn't stay afloat. Kind of sad as it was actually a really good publication.

Have to disagree about being a really good publication. I really did not like it. Huge fonts because of lack of content. Amateur humor, Ron Jeremy ejaculation jokes, bad writing. And a column about why the columnist didn't like disc golf. Blech.

As I recall the first issue of FDM had a multi-page article about Rich and his family enjoying disc golf in Hawaii. I always wondered if the Hawaiian vacation was paid for by the magazine.

Just out of curiosity: What would you like to see in a Disc Golf Magazine?

Cool...this is what I thought of, excuse me for clustering it all in one paragraph.

interviews of disc golfers, putting and throwing theory, putting and throwing philosophy by player, (grip theory, made that up) course designers, course design theory, course design philosophy, maybe a special feature for a new course which can be a form of free advertising for the course or the course owner might pay for some advertising for it, pro disc golfer's critiques of courses, pro tips on playing certain courses or holes, in the zone section...a mental section for the mental side of the game, practice strategies, interviews of local pros, maybe some dg trivia little blurbs, current dg events and upcoming events, what are the pros up to this month, maybe a course recommendation by state (like featuring this month is North Carolina and ...or just NC), in depth pro tips, a course feature section, maybe a special edition for how a pro might attack a course and include their goal for each hole maybe with a little explanation on some of them...like, I want a birdy, but I don't want to get too risky on that hole and would accept a part, this hole is a so and so hole, maybe a fun section on "A hole from Hell" featuring...

Last edited:
Cool...this is what I thought of, excuse me for clustering it all in one paragraph.

interviews of disc golfers, putting and throwing theory, putting and throwing philosophy by player, (grip theory, made that up) course designers, course design theory, course design philosophy, maybe a special feature for a new course which can be a form of free advertising for the course or the course owner might pay for some advertising for it, pro disc golfer's critiques of courses, pro tips on playing certain courses or holes, in the zone section...a mental section for the mental side of the game, practice strategies, interviews of local pros, maybe some dg trivia little blurbs, current dg events and upcoming events, what are the pros up to this month, maybe a course recommendation by state (like featuring this month is North Carolina and ...or just NC), in depth pro tips, a course feature section, maybe a special edition for how a pro might attack a course and include their goal for each hole maybe with a little explanation on some of them...like, I want a birdy, but I don't want to get too risky on that hole and would accept a part, this hole is a so and so hole, maybe a fun section on "A hole from Hell" featuring...

So basically just write down in a magazine what's on disc golf websites and youtube?

Don't freak out. Your magazine sounds awesome. Honestly. I would enjoy seeing that.

So basically just write down in a magazine what's on disc golf websites and youtube?

Don't freak out. Your magazine sounds awesome. Honestly. I would enjoy seeing that.

yea...but in one publication = ) you don't have to go all over the internet and find it, you can have it here = )

NT special editions...that features how the pros are planning for it and so on and so fourth. interviews the the NT director, maybe the caddy book in it showing all the OB and etc.,

maybe a PDGA rule of the month, I think a the PDGA rule clarification section would be great, when you want to use an optional rethrow...when it makes sense = )

Last edited:
I actually go to this forum to get my dg fix for reading with youtub vids and the quarterly PDGA magazine

Possibly a featuring a new disc section that talks about the disc and a review of it and how it can be used...so on and so fourth

Latest posts