• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hyzer Bomb Demo Backpack.. Your Bag/Cooler ALL-IN-ONE

OK, took my Demolition bag out for a couple holes last night. I have some tweaking still to do, but here is my preliminary review...

Pros:

Capacity - I've currently got 12 discs in the main compartment, with room for at least 2 more. There are also 2 discs in the putter pocket. On top of that, I was able to fit a water bottle in the side pocket, two towels in the other side pocket, and all this stuff in the bottom storage pocket: wallet, keys, cell phone, mini, hand sanitizer, bottle coozie. In the bottom cooler section, all I put right now was a baseball (to get discs out of trees), small first aid kit, and sunscreen. Didn't haul any drinks for this short outing, but I would bet that I could get 3 or 4 cans in there with this other stuff.

Weight/Comfort - This thing is light, even loaded. It sits comfortably on my back, and the straps felt nice. Everything was evenly distributed. It didn't feel like I was hauling much, which is a positive.

Cons:

Balance - Placed on a hillside, this thing would take a lot of wiggling and playing to get in the right position to not fall over. I think this was due to to the bottom portion caving in a bit. I would imagine that, with a full drink load in the bottom, this would not be an issue.

To fix this problem for when I am not carrying drinks, I took the dividers out of a couple of my old bags to help reinforce the backing, and this seemed to work pretty well. A little disappointed with this aspect.

Patch Placement - I know this is a small thing, but the Hyzer Bomb patch on the putter pocket is off center by a good margin.

All in all, this seems to be a good bag so far and, most importantly, it does what I need it to do. I didn't really buy it with the intention of using the cooler part for drinks, as much as for storage. But having a backpack style bag is so much more comfortable, especially for the hilly courses I play. Could I have gone with the original Ogio bag this was derived from and saved a couple bucks? Sure. But Hyzer Bomb is doing some good stuff, their communication and service were great, and they even threw in a couple sweet stickers. With a little more reinforcement to the back of the bottom cooler, this is a winner.

I think you guys should make a cooler specifically tailored to disc golf. I already have a bag for discs...but I would love something more stylish than my igloo cooler to carry my drinks in.

I'm SO stoke about this bag! I just place my order on Saturday but I don't think i got any conformation on my order.

This bag is gonna be great for those Texas summer days. You never really can put enough water in the bag. Also for those evening rounds when i want to have an adult beverage and don't want to haul the cart or drink warm drinks.

Did you use paypal? I got a paypal confirmation when I preordered one of the August restocksthru the website order process.

Can't wait... wish I had it for my Florida trip last week tho.

I got a receipt for my transaction. Showed I paid "wes briscoe"

Did I scam myself? I did the paypal through the website

Demos should be out the door tomorrow morning!
We have 1-2 in stock that can ship tomorrow if you order tonight.

I was emailed a tracking number on August 2nd, but the status of the shipment still says "Electronic Shipping Info Recieved". No further status updates. :\

I was emailed a tracking number on August 2nd, but the status of the shipment still says "Electronic Shipping Info Recieved". No further status updates. :\

PMed you for your name and order number.
I will check out what our tracking info says. The new Paypal USPS app sometimes does not update accordingly. All bags ship priority mail so it typically only takes 2-5 days. 5 days max.

According to the tracking # my electronic shipping info was received on 8/2 but the package wasn't actually accepted by the post office until 8/9

Mine was delivered today. Just loaded it up and am headed out the door.

Some initial impressions: seems like a real good value. I was worried how the shoulder straps would fit on my shoulders, but am relieved to have some slack left in the pull straps. Very comfy having the weight of the discs soo high on your back. It's obvious right away that a mini-pouch should be added on the large front flap below the hyzerbomb logo. that simple little modification will improve the value of this bag significantly instead of keeping your mini in the lower front zipper pocket. The cooler compartment is HUGE. I think it'll fit long neck beer bottles standing up if configure the top/bottom divider differently. But like others have stated, this compartment is best left for those must-keep-dry items while playing rainy tournaments, or an arsenal of 12 oz'ers for those extremely hot days.

Latest posts