• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hyzer Bomb Demo Backpack.. Your Bag/Cooler ALL-IN-ONE

Got mine today too. I hear ya on the mini. Does anyone elses have a haphazard piece of fabric over the right side of the bottom pocket? It covers the netting and its not even straight. Wondering if it serves a purpose.

Got mine today too. I hear ya on the mini. Does anyone elses have a haphazard piece of fabric over the right side of the bottom pocket? It covers the netting and its not even straight. Wondering if it serves a purpose.

pretty sure it's there to cover up the manufacturer's logo.

After 1.5 rounds, it's very comfy. The cooler department works great. I think i have 1 too many discs in it. Currently 12 (1 putter in the front; then in the main pouch i have 1 putter, 3 mids, 7 drivers).

It didn't fall over on me until i drank all my water from the bottom cooler. Tomorrow will be the true test. :D

Yeah, it isn't put on very well, but it holds mini pencils. Needs to be neater.

So i have some scrap pvc laying around and i modded the stock frame already. I'm not sure which way the stock frame was supposed to sit in the bag to begin with, but the vertical pieces are too short to support the top of the bag (where the discs go) and it didn't expand the full dimensions of the cooler.

So i cut out four 5 inch sections of pvc and replaced the shorties and replaced 4 of the elbow corners with 3 way corners.

Pic 1
Pic 2

I also stuffed the loose flat insert on the roof of the cooler section instead of the bottom of the disc section. The PVC frame with the 3-way corners pushes the loose flat insert up into the top of the cooler section, securing it tightly.

Pic 3
Pic 4

Next, i took an old plastic scorecard clipboard (9"x6") and carefully removed the spring/clip assembly. It fits good enough in the very bottom of the bag to prevent the bottom from sagging with a full load of drinks. Just slide it in the bottom, them insert the pvc frame.

Pic 5
Pic 6
Pic 7
Pic 8

I was able to fit 7 cans of pepsi in there and have plenty of room for an ice pack. The zippers slide easily and there is zero stretching of material. And unzipping across the front allows easy access to your cold beverages.

Pic 9
Pic 10

The only drawback is this pushes the discs up higher in the main pocket, and they stick out the top slightly. But the top flap will still zipper over closed very easily.

Pic 11
Pic 12
Pic 13
Pic 14

Now the bag sits taller and straighter upright. It's very sturdy and sits square on the ground every time, even in haste. Still feels great on the back.

Pic 14
Pic 15

See all the photos here: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=47C79590648A47DE!203&authkey=!ANB3oIbJL5-xHKE

Hope this helps everyone. Hyzerbomb, i'd be happy to make a video or give you more details if needed.

I also plan on sewing a mini pocket on the front and also a few other quick modification to improve the putter pocket.

Played two rounds today at Loriella in Spotsyvania, VA. It is a very hilly course that plays out in grass fields and also in the woods. I'm happy to say that with my setup documented in the above post, i had zero roll-overs, spillouts, topples, sags, or slipouts. That one blue ice pack kept 3 12oz water bottles refrigerator cold in the cooler pouch. And my back, shoulders, and legs felt great both rounds. NO groans or moans outta me today.

I shot my 2 personal-best scores at that course today.... first round was a 57 and my second round was a 52. I don't play the course very often... maybe 6 times a year. After i got home i spent another hour putting in the back yard, and I still feel like I could play another round.

Very happy with this bag and my modifications. If you other guys are having a difficult time keeping it standing up and square-bottomed, the pieces i used above should cost around $5 at walmart/lowes.

Thanks jrawk, I'll give your mods a shot. Hopefully Hyzer Bomb work them into future runs, because it would only help them to sell a more finished product.

Welcome. :)

I thought the main disc compartment might need some kind of panel support to keep the shape of the bag nice, but filling the bottle holders on the sides gives it enough support. One side i use for a bottle and the other I have my large golf towel stuffed into it as others have suggested.

anyone know if a the Revo Divider will fit into the top compartment? I have an extra one laying around the house I could use in the bag (which I think would make it perfect).

NECROBUMP

I have one on the way to use with my cart. I don't plan on using the bottom area as a cooler as I already have one on the cart. I need a top loading bag instead of the front loading backpack bag i currently have on the cart.

Anyone still using one?

NECROBUMP

I have one on the way to use with my cart. I don't plan on using the bottom area as a cooler as I already have one on the cart. I need a top loading bag instead of the front loading backpack bag i currently have on the cart.

Anyone still using one?

I still use my bag for DG when the occasion calls for it. However since getting a Grip A-Series I use this one more often for the shooting range.

Some other quick mods I did:

1) I tacked a strip of elastic in each top corner of the putter pouch. Now I can leave the front flap completely unzipped and slide in my putters securely without worry of them falling out or the flap getting snagged on something.

2) I added a mini pocket to the front flap and a few pencil holders (Fade-bag style).

If anybody is interested I can post some photos.