• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hyzer Flip Reversed?

The confusion arises from the term 'overstable' which sound like the opposite of understable when, in fact, a disc can only be more or less understable - there is no overstable.

66946475.jpg

What did I eat my yogurt with this morning????

Please point out whatever question it is you think I asked.

Ed Zachary.

You raised the question as to whether I knew what I was talking about or if I wasn't explaining what I meant. Not technically in the form of a question, but a question nonetheless. And with that last nod to how juvenile this argument has become, I'm out a here. Wow.

Guy raises some kind of point but fails to articulate it, while assuming his audience is too inept to understand his point. If guy is so convinced his audience is nowhere near as bright as he is, it's all on him to make his point understandable to such lesser minds. Either way the fail is on the guy.

Guy raises some kind of point but fails to articulate it, while assuming his audience is too inept to understand his point. If guy is so convinced his audience is nowhere near as bright as he is, it's all on him to make his point understandable to such lesser minds. Either way the fail is on the guy.

Wait, wait...is this a question of understandability vs. overstandability??

under/over stability to me at least is simply whether the net result of the throw was left or right of the release line. [...] don't make it complicated OS means it will fade more than turn and U/S means it will turn more than it fades.

How much height do you have to give a disc to determine it's over/under stability?

I'm a fan of purely using HSS to determine over/under stability.

How much height do you have to give a disc to determine it's over/under stability?

I'm a fan of purely using HSS to determine over/under stability.
I am assuming HSS = High Speed Turn? Throw a shoulder height flat drive in a relatively windless condition it will be pretty obvious if you have decent form and grip. A witness will veer waaaay out during the turn and the fade won't be a third of the turn distance left to right or right to left. Whereas a predator thrown in the same conditions will most likely not turn but have a ton of fade. A buzzz will turn some and fade some in relatively equal distances and should end up close to center of your initial line. I would also say that height will not affect the discs stability but a sky hyzer or wrist roll will hide/exaggerate U/S or O/S.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I am assuming HSS = High Speed Turn? Throw a shoulder height flat drive in a relatively windless condition it will be pretty obvious if you have decent form and grip. A witness will veer waaaay out during the turn and the fade won't be a third of the turn distance left to right or right to left. Whereas a predator thrown in the same conditions will most likely not turn but have a ton of fade. A buzzz will turn some and fade some in relatively equal distances and should end up close to center of your initial line. I would also say that height will not affect the discs stability but a sky hyzer or wrist roll will hide/exaggerate U/S or O/S.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

It was a critical thinking question, not a literal question.

HSS=High Speed Stability

Last edited:
my least-est understable-er disc I bag is my FAF Champ firebird.

I guess those champ monsters the mcbeth and eagle throw maybe even lesser understable-r

I do have a bottom stamp star destroyer that's probably 0.37°kelvins lesser understable-er maybe

... Increased granularity of any scale eventually hits a point of diminishing returns. That's why there is no longer a half cent coin.

The 1/2 is no longer minted because the cost to make them exceeded their value. Same reason the large cent was discontinued.

Latest posts