• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hyzer Flip vs Flex Shot [S Curve]

Hyzer Flip or Flex Shot (S Curve)

• Total voters
LOL at taking my meaningless post seriously enough to drop an "Ummmmm" and try to play the genius. This board is hilarious.

Ummmmm, no. Hyzer and Anhyzer are release angles, not types of disc flight.

Last edited:
I Hyzer flip a fairly stable disc for max distance, and I do extreme hyzer flips of some very understable discs to get long straight tunnel shots.

But when there's a headwind, or when I absolutely must finish hard left, I still prefer the flex shot for it's predictability. However the flex shot demands some room at the start of the throw that usually isn't available on wooded courses.

Last edited:
I Hyzer flip a fairly stable disc for max distance, and I do extreme hyzer flips of some very understable discs to get long straight tunnel shots.

But when there's a headwind, or when I absolutely must finish hard left, I still prefer the flex shot for it's predictability. However the flex shot demands some room at the start of the throw that usually isn't available on wooded courses.

I think a well designed wooded course makes the anhyzer and flip shot equally useful. Both need space, just at different points in the flight.

LOL at taking my meaningless post seriously enough to drop an "Ummmmm" and try to play the genius. This board is hilarious.

I thought you were saying "throw the disc flat"

In other news... Vogie is a genius, so there

Last edited:
Flex Shot for me. Does anyone have a definite answer to why someone(me) gets so much more power and distance from flexing stable drivers or throwing understable discs high left and let them do the work. Strong arming or something...? I know i know, videos to other threads....Just wondering is there a simple/usual answer to this...

In both shots you're giving it more height to work with to glide out, that's usually it. If your anhyzers are going longer than your hyzerflips by a significant margin, I would say you're giving them more spin to hold the anhyzer longer. Apply that same amount of snap/spin to a hyzer or flat shot and see what happens.

Flex Shot for me. Does anyone have a definite answer to why someone(me) gets so much more power and distance from flexing stable drivers or throwing understable discs high left and let them do the work. Strong arming or something...? I know i know, videos to other threads....Just wondering is there a simple/usual answer to this...

You're probably just latching into the coolness of seeing your disc fly further than it normally does due to s-curve flight path. I doubt you're actually throwing it harder than you usually do. The high anny flex shot using us discs is a great way to get some max d at the expense of control & accuracy. I definitely bring those shots out once in a while on wide open holes. Concentrate on lower, tighter s-curve shots. Those are the ones that will help your game the most.

From all the answer here is sounds like everyone plays in open fields lol (I know that's not true).

I throw whichever one the trees allow me to throw.

Never saw OP ask about distance lines.

I prefer a hyzerflip but I'm not going to throw one when a flex shot is the correct decision.

Honestly I go straight at the basket with the most direct line, so for open holes it be what's termed a laser. But most of the courses are wooded so it's fairly equally distributed between anhyzer, hyzer-flip and laser straight.

Latest posts