• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Hyzerbomb Mortar

DiscologyGus

Par Member
Does anyone have any info on whether or not these are going to be released again soon or if they are OOP? I love Mortars, I own 4 of them, but I still have a hard time bagging OOP discs.

I have a few Mortars & always carry one in my bag. They're all 1.2 Jared Roan signature (flat topped) Mortars. I have Recon & Frontline-X plastic. I've been told by a few people that a new run is coming out soon. I honestly don't know when. I called the phone number listed on the HyzerBomb website a few months ago. The guy I talked to said they'd put out a new run when they completely ran out of Mortars in stock. I'd assume they already ran out of them or will soon. The mold isn't OOP. I doubt it will go OOP soon, especially seeing that Sexton/Big Jerm bag the mold. I heard a rumor (from a local pro) that Big Jerm was going to get his signature on the Mortar (since Roan is no longer with HyzerBomb). It's just a rumor though. I hope it's true though.

Does anyone have any info on whether or not these are going to be released again soon or if they are OOP? I love Mortars, I own 4 of them, but I still have a hard time bagging OOP discs.

There was a run of swirly frontline mortars for infinite disc VIP members I believe. I would think another production run is coming soon

There was a run of swirly frontline mortars for infinite disc VIP members I believe. I would think another production run is coming soon

Correct. We got them last month and they are sweet! Mine wasn't overly swirly, but some of the ones that other people got were just amazing.

Anyway, swirly Mortars are getting a pro signature...either for Tour Series or as a Production run, but they won't say who. Everyone assumes its Koling or Sexton, but who knows? Only Hyzerbomb.

So expect those, at least, to be rolling out very soon. Recon Mortars I assume will be run again very soon as well.

It's going to be Big Jerm. Word is they will be out this week.

1Zxbm4Q.jpg

1Zxbm4Q

Last edited:
Hmmm. I might not have to wait till September or October for the MD4 if I could cycle these. Might have to thrash one to cover the MD4s initial slot though.

That's pretty cool, good for Jerm. That's a great mold.

i am so beyond excited for this new run of mortars. i currently bag 3, 1 recon, 1 frontline, 1 frontline x. it might just be my favorite mold of all time, it's so comfortable. also big jerm is a class act.

Beadless Gators? Big Jerm stamp? Sounds cooler than cool should be allowed to be. So what are the plastics like?

Beadless Gators? Big Jerm stamp? Sounds cooler than cool should be allowed to be. So what are the plastics like?

Recon-> champ(same exact plastic)
Frontline->star(same exact plastic)
Frontline x-> flexible star(not gstar, just softer star. Frontline x plastic predates gstar plastic)

recon is like champion
frontline is like star
frontline x is like gstar

edit: mgamache8 beat me to it^

Yeah Frontline-X is pretty unique. Not sure if these new runs will be closer to G Star or not. Hopefully not...I like G Star but that Frontline-X is a very cool blend.

So are Mortars less stable than Beaded Gators? I would assume so, but to what degree? Also, how do the plastics affect the stability and how flat/domey do each type of plastic usually come out?

I haven't thrown a recent mortar, but I had a domey recon one that was before they started flat topping them and it was every bit as beefy as a beaded gator. That might have been a fluke to the first batch though.

Every first run Mortar I've seen has been domey. Every second run (1.2) I've seen are flat. I currently have two Recon & two Frontline-X Mortars. All my Mortars are 1.2. The first run Recons seem to be closer to Champion plastic than the 1.2s. The 1.2s seem to be more gummy. I really like the Mortar. It kicked flat topped Champion Gators right out of my bag. They have more glide than Gators but are still overstable enough I don't miss the Gator. It pairs well with my Roc cycle. I hope this mold gains popularity. I want them to be easier for me to get my hands on.

So are Mortars less stable than Beaded Gators? I would assume so, but to what degree? Also, how do the plastics affect the stability and how flat/domey do each type of plastic usually come out?

I don't throw them regularly, but in my experience with both runs, they start out just as overstable as a Gator. They may have a slight bit more glide, but they are still pretty brick-like in flight. The biggest difference I would say is flight pattern beat-in. They wear in much quicker than your standard Gator, though never becoming flippy (at least I never beat one into that state) nor glidey. They are more like a max weight DX Gator in that regard.

Oh man, this thread just got me all excited. These big jerm mortars are supposed to be out next week!? Oh man, i'll be grabbing 1 or 3..