• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] I am one one of the few that...

What I throw is pretty standard, but I throw short tomahawks with putters.

I throw short tommies with putters too. I throw them high and soft with lots of spin, they fade to the right for me and settle down on the top of the disc.

I use them to get over trouble, or when I need a short approach that goes right.

I am the only person I know that throws a Nuke OS. I have beat it to straight and can put it 425' on a good forehand rip. Still has no turn but doesn't fade until it really slows down. I love that disc, so predictable and long.

I throw short tommies with putters too. I throw them high and soft with lots of spin, they fade to the right for me and settle down on the top of the disc.

I use them to get over trouble, or when I need a short approach that goes right.

Yup. I roll my wrist as I release like I'm throwing a changeup with a baseball to get it to make the quarter turn to upside down right away. It's not a lot of lateral movement, but it's a consistent shot to get up and over stuff.

I thought more about it after my first post. I have only met one other guy using a PD. Besides my coworker who started this year, I am the only one I've seen with a Comet, and also with anything Vibram. I have seen a few MVP discs this year, I was the only one the previous 2 summers. So I am sure I have an unusual bag. All the guys in leagues are pretty similar, Wizard, Aviar, Buzzz, couple Rocs, and Destroyers. I do get asked about mine a lot, especially the Tangent.

I'm a Prodigy/DynamicDiscs hater for literally no good reason. I don't have one.

Does anyone else feel this way? Locals around me have never even heard of these companies (maybe DD through clothing or a supercolor but that's it)...just the nerds. I held an M-something once at a tourny a month or two ago but that's it - never seen or felt any otherwise.

I'm not a hater by any stretch of the imagination, but I had/ have no desire whatsoever to try out the latest and greatest by Prodigy and DD (and Lat64/ Westside for that matter). Same can be said for MVP.

I thought more about it after my first post. I have only met one other guy using a PD. Besides my coworker who started this year, I am the only one I've seen with a Comet, and also with anything Vibram. I have seen a few MVP discs this year, I was the only one the previous 2 summers. So I am sure I have an unusual bag. All the guys in leagues are pretty similar, Wizard, Aviar, Buzzz, couple Rocs, and Destroyers. I do get asked about mine a lot, especially the Tangent.

I used to be able to spot my putter easily when playing in a large group. It was the only one with an overmold. These days I've been in fivesomes with all of us using Ions and Anodes. Word definitely got out in my area.

I carry my discs in my hand. Back to just DX discs again. aviar / roc / eagle / valkyrie
Just four discs.
At every tournament everyone else is carrying a bag. I seem to be one of the few...

I carry my discs in my hand. Back to just DX discs again. aviar / roc / eagle / valkyrie
Just four discs.
At every tournament everyone else is carrying a bag. I seem to be one of the few...

Where do you carry everything else? Water, towel, snacks...etc?

^^Very true. I would be considered a minimalist by most, but I at least need a Fade Lite for my stuff. If anything for the liter of water I carry, which would be heavy in a pocket. :)

Just four discs.

I've won leagues using three discs...putter, mid and fairway driver. vs everyones full bags.

I use an old mold beast as my primary driver, tank and 86 softies as my primary putters, and occasionally freak people out with the 500'+ Epic shots, and to this day am the only person I know who has an ace on an Epic!

Saw this a few pages back, my twin bro has a 420' Epic ace. I am sorry to say you are not the only one.

Sorry for double post, missed my edit window.

I am one of the few who is more accurate throwing a FH turnover or anhyzer rather than a BH hyzer.

Latest posts