• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I Finally Found a Disc!

I found one in the middle of the fairway yesterday. I understand this one. The guy put his name & number on it. I called it on the course, and it's temporarily in time out. I'll call back in a couple days.

FoundSidewinder.jpg

Related to this, I don't know why companies even dye discs like this, and why people buy them. I imagine they're happy to have the quick return business. I found a Z 150 Flick that's dyed very similarly. Every time I threw it in the woods, I would look for it for (several) minutes at a time. It's now retired even though I prefer it to the ESPs. I'd rather keep my friends.

Good grief, that looks like a leaf! No wonder that disc got lost.

Good grief, that looks like a leaf! No wonder that disc got lost.

Yep, the guy did himself a favor by not keeping it. Just a waste of time when you throw it and look for 9 hours and repeat.

Just today I have found my second disc. Both discs have not had return info on them. What's the rule regarding no return info? My first I found at Oshtemo Township Park in K-zoo, MI near the practice basket!?!? Are you really practicing that hard if you can lose it at the practice basket? And my second I found today at Beaver Ranch in Conifer,CO. They could have been aiming at basket 10 or 12... I'm more than willing to return these discs. If the two courses and/or areas sound familiar and you can successfully describe either of them to me I will send them out to you as soon as I can.

I've found two discs so far...one I should have kept, but I figured I'd leave it at my local shop. Only reason I should have kept it was the phone number was almost gone and to tell you the truth I think it was a Michigan area code(on the number). That was a very faded fly dye XL standing up in a bush on the edge of the fairway(that means the VERY edge), I was surprised they didn't find it. The other disc I found was a gray champ sidewinder up high in a tree.(and I've only been playing maybe 2 months now...maybe less)

Just today I have found my second disc. Both discs have not had return info on them. What's the rule regarding no return info? My first I found at Oshtemo Township Park in K-zoo, MI near the practice basket!?!? Are you really practicing that hard if you can lose it at the practice basket? And my second I found today at Beaver Ranch in Conifer,CO. They could have been aiming at basket 10 or 12... I'm more than willing to return these discs. If the two courses and/or areas sound familiar and you can successfully describe either of them to me I will send them out to you as soon as I can.

Generally keep it, but if you just didn't like the disc or just don't need it/care for to keep it you could always find local sites with forums(with lost and found).

Last edited:

too bad you didn't find my lost disc at oshtemo either it's still there or the type of people that don't call numbers found it.

also i've only found one disc in august or early last month it was a roadrunner with custom dye, no name or number so i traded for a red star starfire which is the one i was talking about above.

Latest posts