• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I would appreciate some help with my form.

Lemony

I'm a newer player, with one year and change experience. These are some of the first videos I've taken of my form, and would appreciate any help you all could give me. I am looking for any advice whatsoever that will help me with form or distance. You will have to excuse my lack of video editing skills (read as: i have no video editing skills)

The first video is on a 380 foot hole, both of my drives were with Vibram ascents, and two of my worst throws.

The second video is a drive with a buzz, and a park job on the hole, 295 feet and dead straight.

Thank you in advance.

It doesn't look like you ever really plant and shift weight with your hips. You are just spinning on an axis without applying any lower body power into your footwork. You are off balance during and after the throw because of that. Try throwing, and standing on your plant foot after your throw.

I agree with CW. There's no bracing of the front side and you get thrown around in the followthrough. Your shoulders and head are beyond/ahead of your front foot/knee through the power zone. Your shoulders/head should be braced behind the front foot/knee in order to create more leverage. Lead more with your butt toward the target going to plant and keep your weight on the insides of your feet.

SLOW DOWN. That's about all I can add to what was said above. Smooth is power.

First thank you all for the advice, it has been helpful I just have one more question.After planting your front foot are you generating power from your hips or back foot? After my cross step I'm finding myself pushing hard with my back foot in an effort to use my lower body more, but I just spin like in the videos above.

Well the foot and hip are linked fairly close together in the kinetic chain. I'd say getting out of momentum's way and finding leverage are more important than pushing. Efficiency.

This may help:

The weight shift can be improved, but I think he already has the mechanics. I dont' think weight shift tinkering is what he needs right now.

DiscNutt hit it on the head. SLOW DOWN. Be a gazelle not a hyena. Run-up speed doesn't generate momentum, momentum comes from your core (how you transfer the energy from the weight shift up through your torso, down your arm, and to the disc).

I like that you have a simple run-up (no unnecessary steps), I'd tell you to add one step though. Start facing your target, step with your right foot and turn your torso 90 degrees into your backswing and (first) left step.

You look alot like I used to actually and this helped me quite a bit. It also helps your relax and be fluid. Don't tense and try to be mechanically.exact.with.your.body.positions.

Latest posts