• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I would have made that shot but my elbow hurts

I've got a good friend who after one of us makes a bad shot almost always says "I was wondering why you were throwing that disc into a headwind/tailwind/crosswind."

But when he messes up a shot he slipped or has a sore body part.

there is nothing better than taunting a good friend though

I've got a good friend who after one of us makes a bad shot almost always says "I was wondering why you were throwing that disc into a headwind/tailwind/crosswind."
Have you ever tried to help out a friend in a casual round who just doesn't understand that a 20 mph headwind doesn't call for the unLace? :wall: I admit, he didn't ask for my opinion on his disc selection... but it's just so damned painful to watch it happen.

Pickles are awesome! I love pickles. If you don't like pickles then that's your problem and it means more pickles for the rest of us :D

The complaints are unbridled optimism coupled with frustration. I mean, I've stood on that tee pad and made that shot without problem hundreds of times and suddenly the disc goes *where?!* Certainly couldn't be me! ;)

I've made enough bad shots over the years (um, thousands) that these days I generally just say something like "Sh!t...munged that one" or "turned that one over too far" or "why is it so hard to get down the middle of the fairway?" or something similar.

Sometimes I just stand in awe at my ability to mess up shots in spectacular fashion, such as when I launch a towering, majestic anhyzer that lands as far from the tee as the pin and as far from the pin as the tee. Gives me a chance to throw a less majestic shot actually in the direction of the pin as a followup.

I am the KING of second shots. Which basically entails missing my first shot, be it a drive, up or putt so horrifically that I throw a second shot out of anger/frustration. These second shots invariably are exactly what I was trying to do on my first attempt; be it an ace run, a throw-in approach or just simply a clean made putt.

I am the KING of second shots. ...These second shots invariably are exactly what I was trying to do on my first attempt; be it an ace run, a throw-in approach or just simply a clean made putt.

Then I'm likely the Court Jester of second shots. If we're out just practicing and nobody's following close behind, I'll take the second shot..and perhaps another. Those are just as likely to fail spectacularly as the first, as there are trees on the other side of the fairway to hit, too. Gotta spread the love around, ya know.

It's not that my throw was bad, it's that it wasn't the right throw for that hole... or course.

A lot of irony in having a guy that carries 29 molds make the "it's not the arrow it's the indian" argument.

*shanks drive* See, that's where the basket should have been put. Stupid course designers, can't get anything right.

"That would have been perfect but I threw the wrong disc."

I would prolly say "That was a great shot if it hadn't hit that sapling, the only tree on the course, you know the one about 75' behind the tee pad on the OB side of the parking lot" Cause that bad boy was going to come back.

But yeah same thing:)

I was following Feldberg at the Conocido Conquest and after throwing into the players teeing off on the next tee proclaimed that his shot "would've aced" had it not hit someone's bag, and then proceeded to rage against that individual for not picking up his bag when he was trying to get out of the way(and not get beamed).

I would prolly say "That was a great shot if it hadn't hit that sapling, the only tree on the course, you know the one about 75' behind the tee pad on the OB side of the parking lot" Cause that bad boy was going to come back.

But yeah same thing:)

Lmao.

I have always hated "it was a good shot if not for that tree!". Obviously it wasn't, because it hit a tree that was there before I threw. If a tree just sprouts up in the line of my disc then it was a good shot.

I am the KING of second shots. Which basically entails missing my first shot, be it a drive, up or putt so horrifically that I throw a second shot out of anger/frustration. These second shots invariably are exactly what I was trying to do on my first attempt; be it an ace run, a throw-in approach or just simply a clean made putt.

We have a casual mulligan rule.
- If you can drop kick the disc further than your throw, you can re throw without penalty.

Latest posts