• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell me about this Discraft APX? It has a very slight rubbery feel to it and weighs 145g.

Attachments

• Photo0158F.jpg
    Photo0158F.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 13
DGA had a line of discs they sold that were lightweight versions of Discraft discs. Nothing very special about them.

Discraft manufactures DGA's discs. At least most of them, I'm not sure if Discraft makes the Gumbputt and those discs. DGA makes the Chainstar basket for Discraft. So the companies do work together.

No idea what this could possibly be... I just grabbed it from pias. It is glow plastic, that's all I know. Diameter-wise, it's a little bigger than a Buzzz. Any help or info is appreciated!

Here are 3 pictures: Top, side, & bottom.

If any other pictures or info that would help ID this, let me know!

It's an original mold Glow Phoenix. Not a very pricey piece but the stamp was the vert first actual "Innova" stamp after they changed the name over from "Champion Discs Inc."

By no means am I a huge Millenium nut, but I had the ones in the picture below. The red one felt grippy like you're mentioning, with a CE tendency to leave fingerprints and be tacky. The white one, however, had no run and felt more like a regular Pro Leopard. My old red one is a 1.13

396638089.jpg

thanks!
awesome stamp on that one too

It's an original mold Glow Phoenix. Not a very pricey piece but the stamp was the vert first actual "Innova" stamp after they changed the name over from "Champion Discs Inc."

Cool. Did some research and found out it's a 1988 Prototype bar stamp glo phenix. Apparently they retooled the phenix in 1989. Thanks for the info! I had no idea, I just knew that this thing was OLD! Since I won't get much for it, I guess it's just gonna sit in my garage as a piece of dg history...along with my Deuce! haha

I have a 1995 disc with the tooling CYCLONE WALLED LAKE on the bottom. Now, the problem I'm having is that I've never seen a cyclone like this. It has a thin rim that bubbles up into the flightplate. Really weird. Was this just an old mold of Cyclone?

DSC06017.jpg

DSC06019.jpg

I have a 1995 disc with the tooling CYCLONE WALLED LAKE on the bottom. Now, the problem I'm having is that I've never seen a cyclone like this. It has a thin rim that bubbles up into the flightplate. Really weird. Was this just an old mold of Cyclone?

DSC06017.jpg

DSC06019.jpg

That's an x-clone, same tounament pro plastic as a cactus cyclone. Both discs had cyclone tooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts