• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
that whippet/gator stamped valk!

GE church is going to die! wonder if he throws valks.

don't know the story on it but that is sick!

the blue driver is most likely a boss. don't know story but sure looks liek a boss and some didn't have info written on the for cfr

Innova Mystery Disc

I recently bought this used disc at Play It Again Sports, just because it felt really good to me. I have thrown it, and really like it. Trouble is, I don't know what it is, so I can't replace it, or buy a backup. I'd like to ID it if at all possible, and any help would be greatly appreciated. It has a standard Innova X-out stamp that is almost completely faded + the raised Innova patent info on the bottom of the flight plate. The handwritten ID marking in the middle of the underside of the flight plate is completely gone. The guys at the store were pretty clueless. They thought it was a wraith, which it obviously is not. I don't have a way to measure it's dimensions precisely, but they are roughly as follows:

Diameter: 21.1cm
Height: 1.8cm? Can't really measure this well.
Rim Depth: 1.1cm
Inside Rim Diameter: 17.6cm
Rim Thickness: 1.7cm

This puts if within the ballpark of (unfortunately) quite a number of Innova discs. :wall: My best guess is a Sidewinder, as it flies quite understable. I've never thrown Sidewinders before, but I looked on www.inboundsdiscgolf.com, and the flight pattern is a pretty close match. The plastic is a very soft/gummy Champion plastic. I think the most distinctive feature about it is the very edge of the wing, which has a very noticeable lip that hangs down. You can't really see it by looking at it, but you can sure feel it with your fingers. None of my other discs have this lip, and I'm wondering if somebody can tell me of other models that have this, as I think it might be a big clue.

That's all I can think to mention off the top of my head. Please let me know if there are any other details I've missed, and should post. And once again, thanks for any and all help. :)

PC130109_zpsd7e199f9.jpg

PC130110_zps4b929549.jpg

PC130111_zpse1a2e20d.jpg

that whippet/gator stamped valk!

GE church is going to die! wonder if he throws valks.

don't know the story on it but that is sick!

What you think something like this should be worth? It has been thrown, very lightly, nothing more than a few minor scuffs around the top. It looked like complete crap when I traded for it though, covered in crud and muck. I'm really glad it cleaned up to a solid 9.5/10

My friend has an old innova putter. It has the mini proto star stamp. Also it seems to be a P&A aviar with a big bead on it. Not sure of the tooling. He wasn't sure what it was and I've always wondered. He throws all old OOP discs so any ideas?

My friend has an old innova putter. It has the mini proto star stamp. Also it seems to be a P&A aviar with a big bead on it. Not sure of the tooling. He wasn't sure what it was and I've always wondered. He throws all old OOP discs so any ideas?
Is it like this?
027.jpg

Hey guys, what kind of wizzard is marked ER WIZ?

Also, what is a G9i wizard? I just got 100-150 wizards in a lot but don't know anything about them.

Got this bad boy from my SS, Fishy. Here's what we know:

Blue, wide-rimmed Innova molded driver. Has a mini protostar stamp that says "Intergalactic Championship" as well as "2010 PPA (I think) Approved"

Anybody have anything?

IMAG0940.jpg

IMAG0989.jpg

IMAG1006.jpg

Guessing it's a boss?

As for the "intergalactic championships" it's a tournament in douglasville georgia. In fact they had one in 2010. I've never played the tournament, nor have I seen the stamp from 2010, and nor have I seen innova do hotstamps with protostars in them that were not the tournament the disc was released in or during. So take that with a grain of salt I guess. I just know that there is a PDGA tournament called the intergalactic championship in Georgia. Hope that helps lead you in the right direction at least.

That sounds more like a KC Pro Aviar than an Aviar P&A. But I could be wrong.

What disc is this?

Possible noob question here. This disc looks and feels very similar to a flat roc but I'm just not 100% sure. The stamp is from Circle R Disc Golf, owned by John Houck co-founder of Millennium. Sorry for the low res camera phone pics. EDIT: Just noticed a player number on it Don McGregor #9661
cp4YD.jpg

blpi1.jpg

JBnSr.jpg

Last edited:
Got a box in the mail today. Got two gateway mids that i just cant tell. One is marked sk, other marked smys

I've had this Layin around for probably 6 or 7 years. have no clue what disc it is. it never had any markings. Got it from P.I.A.S. any ideas?

image-4_zps1108cf70.jpg

image-4_zpsb6837434.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.