• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of plastic is this:eBay Link (scroll down)? The auction says "CE Era Panther." I have a couple Panthers like this, some completely opaque and all containing white streaks like the pictures on eBay. They feel pretty much identical to the CE QMS's I used to have, but I'm curious if they are actually considered CE or just a grippy, opaque blend of Champion.

Champ panther came out in 2003...so i guess there could be that possibility...if it was early 2003

I've never heard of those Opaque Panthers being called CE, but I guess moose is right about the time-frame. Nice opaque plastic either way.

OK, I've got a couple that you guys can maybe help me with. First is a discraft disc that I got from a flea market a few years ago. I don't know what it is but someone here can probably ID it for me. I would also like to know the age.

IMAG0175-1_zpscd61b838.jpg

IMAG0177-1_zps56ed3cf2.jpg

IMAG0178.jpg

IMAG0179.jpg

Second disc is a comet that I just got. Has the bar stamp across the front and the ghost stamp on back like the ones that DD is selling in glow plastic. Does anyone know where to find more of these and how many were made. I was told by the guy I got it from that DD doesn't have any more. Anyone else seen these or have any? Whats the story with this disc?

IMAG0180.jpg

Thanks guys, can't wait to see what yall have to say about these!!!!

90% sure the first disc is an X2. It was in production from '98-'04. That festival is held every year in Traverse City, so that stamp doesn't narrow down the date at all.

90% sure the first disc is an X2. It was in production from '98-'04. That festival is held every year in Traverse City, so that stamp doesn't narrow down the date at all.

Thanks buddy. Is there any measurements I could take or different picture angles I could post that would help narrow it down?

What kind of plastic is this:eBay Link (scroll down)? The auction says "CE Era Panther." I have a couple Panthers like this, some completely opaque and all containing white streaks like the pictures on eBay. They feel pretty much identical to the CE QMS's I used to have, but I'm curious if they are actually considered CE or just a grippy, opaque blend of Champion.

Champ panther came out in 2003...so i guess there could be that possibility...if it was early 2003
Eh, that's just a Champ Panther. Calling it "CE Era" is just a way to get you to pay more money for it without actually saying it is CE. 'Cause it's not. I liked those older, flat Champ Panthers anyway. I might have gone $20 for it knowing it wasn't CE, so the "CE Era" label probably didn't get him much.

Thanks buddy. Is there any measurements I could take or different picture angles I could post that would help narrow it down?
Nah, my eyes are shot and I can't really make out pictures very well. The easy way to tell an X2 is that it used a wing design very similar to a Cyclone and Cyclone 2. Cyclones and Cyclone 2's had the name of the disc in the tooling; the X2 did not. From the picture it looks like a Cyclone wing with no disc name in the tooling. That's why I'm guessing X2. If you have a Cyclone lying around you can look at the wings and see if they seem similar to you.

The one i git has some ink on t and has a few nicks in it. Probably a 7/10. I plan on throwing it because it feels and flies amazing. Just never seen another one. What do they generally go for?

solid 15 for them used...more if mint and you get a few people looking for them. but truth is wizards aren't that popular because they are never the same....

comet looks like new tooling run with team stamp. don't know the story on them but they ran a bunch of glows with that stamp.

solid 15 for them used...more if mint and you get a few people looking for them. but truth is wizards aren't that popular because they are never the same....
Ahh, thanks. So finding another one probably wouldn't be that hard? Or am I to expect the gateway curse of plastic blends with these too?

179041_g.jpg

USDGC either rhyno or birdie (looks like rhyno because of the patent tooling on the thumbtrac. Any ideas?

nope it also says ontario which i know the rhyno does dont know if birdie did.I was also told that it came from either 05-06 usdgc buddy doesnt remember. Hoping its a rhyno seems like a usdgc rhyno would bring more than a birdie.

Last edited:
I have a glo champ teebird with the big X-Out Stamp. It it a 171 and just about new but it is BEEFY. I can throw it ridiculous hard and it just wants to stall out and fade. Is this normal for glo champ teebirds? If it were max weight, I could almost understand. It is marked TB.

I have a glo champ teebird with the big X-Out Stamp. It it a 171 and just about new but it is BEEFY. I can throw it ridiculous hard and it just wants to stall out and fade. Is this normal for glo champ teebirds? If it were max weight, I could almost understand. It is marked TB.

Not normal, but I've seen some that were as overstable as you describe. The last one I saw that was this overstable was also an X-out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts