• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody know when they stopped making KC aviars in the san marion mold? i have one and idk how old it is because it is a x-out.

ok guys this is the disc I was asking about. the blue one is the mystery disc. I profiled it next to a rhino for comparison.

Last edited:
Does anybody know when they stopped making KC aviars in the san marion mold? i have one and idk how old it is because it is a x-out.

i know there are 12x san marinos... and 12x's came out in what, 2006? 2007? Im not sure how long they ran 12x san marinos though.

So I have a question for the Aviar experts. I bought a KC pro Aviar today it's pre flight numbers and has patent numbers tooled but it has no place of origin on it. Doesn't say Rancho or San Marino or anything. All it says is Innova Champion discs and the the WWW tooling after it. The bottom also feels different. Nothing like a traditional big bead. Will post pics if necessary.

So I have a question for the Aviar experts. I bought a KC pro Aviar today it's pre flight numbers and has patent numbers tooled but it has no place of origin on it. Doesn't say Rancho or San Marino or anything. All it says is Innova Champion discs and the the WWW tooling after it. The bottom also feels different. Nothing like a traditional big bead. Will post pics if necessary.

All KC Aviars nowadays are tooled with the WWW, and there are quite a few that have that tooling with the 2-rings that were associated with the San Marino mold.

As for the feel of the mold, I can't comment without seeing/feeling it.

All KC Aviars nowadays are tooled with the WWW, and there are quite a few that have that tooling with the 2-rings that were associated with the San Marino mold.

As for the feel of the mold, I can't comment without seeing/feeling it.
This one isn't a two ring. I putt with a Chains Aviar, so I have some knowledge about Aviars, but not the specifics of the runs. As far as the mold goes, the bottom where the bead meets is more convex, almost Wizard like. Think bullet nose and the bead is smaller. Not small bead small, but not big either. Medium bead if you will. I may just be dumb too and all the KCs are like mine lol.

This was one of my first discs. It was giving to me by a friend. The stamp was removed & the disc dyed, before she got it.

Any ideas?

It looks like Zplastic it says Discraft in real fine print on the bottom. It also has a patent # but its no help.

Can anyone help me out? If any more info is needed just let me know

Anyone???

1994 world champ stamp

So I found a half dozen discs in my in-laws barn that he had bought in a lot years ago. Two have their original stamps (a shark and a stingray) and seem to be about min 90's. Three I am not able to identify.

This disc as you can see from the pic has a stamp that says 1994 P.D.G.A. World Disc Golf Championships Pleasure Island Port Arthur, TX. Feels like a mid range to me but I am living in the world of high speed drivers so might have been considered a fairway driver or something in the early 90's. Anything you can tell me about the disc would be awesome.

Attachments

• IMAG0020.jpg
    IMAG0020.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 36
  • IMAG0024.jpg
    IMAG0024.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 40
so I have a very flat top z mid from discraft with a wasp stamp on it but on the back flight plate is raised text saying discraft misprint. It has a bead so I compared it to another z wasp I have and the rims r slightly different so I compared it to my buzz and the rim is exactly the same but it has a bead.. so wht is this disc??

so I have a very flat top z mid from discraft with a wasp stamp on it but on the back flight plate is raised text saying discraft misprint. It has a bead so I compared it to another z wasp I have and the rims r slightly different so I compared it to my buzz and the rim is exactly the same but it has a bead.. so wht is this disc??

It is a Wasp, a Buzz is a Wasp without the bead....

So I found a half dozen discs in my in-laws barn that he had bought in a lot years ago. Two have their original stamps (a shark and a stingray) and seem to be about min 90's. Three I am not able to identify.

This disc as you can see from the pic has a stamp that says 1994 P.D.G.A. World Disc Golf Championships Pleasure Island Port Arthur, TX. Feels like a mid range to me but I am living in the world of high speed drivers so might have been considered a fairway driver or something in the early 90's. Anything you can tell me about the disc would be awesome.
Any tooling on the bottom?

I don't really know what that means. It says San Marino, Ca 91108-8368
Innova Champion Discs. There is a patent number but the last few digits are unreadable. It also says it weighs 179g.
Does that look like the same tooling that is on the bottom of the Stingray?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts