• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
they are pretty different, i agree - but it's tough to tell from those two pics since there is no real perspective. i wish i still had my pain to compare directly to. :doh: gave it away to someone who found it.

I have a Champion Wraith that has no mark on the back... No weight, or ID.... whats up with that?

What is the Story on this disc . . .

I will put up better pictures tonight when I get home, but here are the details:

Top of disc has the following info:

Made in USA - Official R.D.G.A Disc Golf Disc - 1995
Recreational Discraft Magnet - MFD Exclusively for DGA INC Watsonville CA
Putter - RDGA & PDGA Approved

Bottom of disc has the following info:

Magnet by Discraft Inc, Walled Lake MI 48390

So what exactly do I have here?

Attachments

• Magnet.jpg
    Magnet.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 40
I will put up better pictures tonight when I get home, but here are the details:

Top of disc has the following info:

Made in USA - Official R.D.G.A Disc Golf Disc - 1995
Recreational Discraft Magnet - MFD Exclusively for DGA INC Watsonville CA
Putter - RDGA & PDGA Approved

Bottom of disc has the following info:

Magnet by Discraft Inc, Walled Lake MI 48390

So what exactly do I have here?
In the mid-to-late 90's DGA sold a line of 150 class "Recreational" discs under the RDGA label. The RDGA was a org that DGA started; it had a one time "lifetime" membership. It didn't do anything so it was kinda pointless. Anyway, that was when the DGA/Discraft partnership started and the RDGA discs were just 150 class versions of existing Discraft discs in crappier plastic.

So what you have is a 150 class Magnet in crappy plastic with a DGA stamp.

Thanks for the info. I guess it will suck as a thrower, but does play a part in disc golf's history.

In the mid-to-late 90's DGA sold a line of 150 class "Recreational" discs under the RDGA label. The RDGA was a org that DGA started; it had a one time "lifetime" membership. It didn't do anything so it was kinda pointless. Anyway, that was when the DGA/Discraft partnership started and the RDGA discs were just 150 class versions of existing Discraft discs in crappier plastic.

So what you have is a 150 class Magnet in crappy plastic with a DGA stamp.

Don't know if they're still there, but a while back at the head shop I saw 2 5x JK Aviars. One was stamped "5x", while the other was stamped "Five Time". Any difference in flight or collectibility between the two?

Star Stamp on Champion plastic.

Saw this on EBay and had to buy it. Was some acting up at the factory.? I have located more, I may trade for them. I found 2 others. Any info would be appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 60
Saw this on EBay and had to buy it. Was some acting up at the factory.? I have located more, I may trade for them. I found 2 others. Any info would be appreciated.

there are actually a few out there ...i have had 2 throughout the years...not anything real special

Nice looking stamp on the one you got. DGV has them for $8.95, because they're technically a X-Out.

Grid Aviar

Bought this in Greensboro today at Play it Again, can I get a little info. It is a Patent Pending version of the Grid Aviar.

thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 38
Bought this in Greensboro today at Play it Again, can I get a little info. It is a Patent Pending version of the Grid Aviar.

thanks
Uh...that's a patent pending beadless Aviar. It's from '83? Really early anyway. Cool pickup. :thmbup:

Interesting thing is I would grade it 8/10, they had it for 3.99 plus tax. Normally, all they have new stuff, I stop there when I am visiting clients. This time they had a nice amount of used stuff. Thanks for the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts