• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ID required to enter an event

speaking of bans, anyone have a link for the PDGA suspension / ban list, not able to find it on the website anymore..

You may think this is a bad idea, and maybe it is.

But it goes beyond avoiding bagging as I mentioned in the OP.

Let's say a player is banned from PDGA events for stealing merchandise. I guess Thumber and others wants this guy to show up under a fake name to their local events.

Let's say a player is supsended from PDGA events for damaging park property at an event. I guess Thumber and others wants this guy to show up under a fake name to their local events.

Maybe logic, as Thumber says, isn't present.

There are thieves, jerks and a-holes everywhere in the world. If someone is suspended and willing to risk being expelled by playing under a false name then an ID requirement isn't going to slow them down. they are just going to produce a false ID. So nothing changes.

Of course no one here, even evil me, wants to have these bad apples around, but guess what? They will be around because they are everywhere in the world.

You want to place a large administrative burden on TDs to police the bad apples. The PDGA disciplinary board, of which you are allegedly a member, should take responsibility for policing these people and not put the burden on TDs. The DB could send names and photos of all banned and suspended players to every TD if they are truly worried this is a legitimate issue.

I still don't buy that this is a legitimate issue of any sort. You presented 1 major and 2 minor infractions as justification for forcing a whole lot more work, awkwardness, etc on TDs.

If a TD refuses to check IDs at the behest of the DB, is the DB then going to launch action against the TD?

TDs are volunteers and don't need to have to worry about this sort of bull****.

geez, what do you have to do to get probation for "behavior inconsistent with pdga image" and what is the "pdga image"?

The PDGA disciplinary board, of which you are allegedly a member, should take responsibility for policing these people and not put the burden on TDs. The DB could send names and photos of all banned and suspended players to every TD if they are truly worried this is a legitimate issue.

Outside of your childish claim that made me laugh, you bring up an excellent point that could be explored and could be a great way to produce the same results without putting a burden on a TD.

TDs are volunteers

Not when you factor in profits. And the PDGA passed a motion to explore allowing TDs to be compensated.

I as a SC had a vote in that matter and strongly disagreed. Can't believe it passed the BOD!

Outside of your childish claim that made me laugh, you bring up an excellent point that could be explored and could be a great way to produce the same results without putting a burden on a TD.

Not when you factor in profits. And the PDGA passed a motion to explore allowing TDs to be compensated.

I as a SC had a vote in that matter and strongly disagreed. Can't believe it passed the BOD!

You are not very good at adult level discussion. I didn't claim anything. You are here representing yourself as a PDGA DB member. You may be. You may not be. Its the interwebz. Anyone can be whomever they choose.

Mixing in the TD taking money angle just distorts the discussion and is a completely different discussion.

Or are you now saying, its ok to increase the administrative burden on TDs because now they can choose to get a small amount of money for all their volunteer efforts?

The point remains that if suspended players are trying to sneak into tournaments, and if this is a serious enough issue to require blanket policy decisions, then the PDGA needs to figure out how to deal with it. Placing more burden on the already stretched efforts and patience of volunteer TDs is not the solution.

Policy actions such as what you are suggesting will just lead to volunteer TDs deciding that it is not worth their time to get their tournaments PDGA sanctioned.

You are not very good at adult level discussion. I didn't claim anything. You are here representing yourself as a PDGA DB member. You may be. You may not be. Its the interwebz. Anyone can be whomever they choose.

Are you going to challenge that I'm a SC? Or a Marshall?

I mean, I could be anyone, right?

Are you going to challenge that I'm a SC? Or a Marshall?

I mean, I could be anyone, right?

Who knows? You could very well be the notorious anybody.

This has been entertaining on a slow friday though and I'll thank you for that.

I only get "challenging" when I am trying to have a conversation and get called childish. Seems to me that is not very representative of the image or conduct the PDGA expects of its officials.

Who knows? You could very well be the notorious anybody.

This has been entertaining on a slow friday though and I'll thank you for that.

I only get "challenging" when I am trying to have a conversation and get called childish. Seems to me that is not very representative of the image or conduct the PDGA expects of its officials.

Fair enough.

If you are playing the world championships, come find me. I'd love to meet you in person.

If not, feel free to shoot me an email. Here is a great way to contact me:

http://www.pdga.com/contact?a=sf

Fair enough.

If you are playing the world championships, come find me. I'd love to meet you in person.

Unfortunately I will not be making the trip this year.

May do a carolinas tour next year though. I'll give you a shout.

Are we going to fight? Drink beer? Both? I'm all in!

Unfortunately I will not be making the trip this year.

May do a carolinas tour next year though. I'll give you a shout.

Are we going to fight? Drink beer? Both? I'm all in!

I have never in my life gotten in a fight over freakin disc golf.

But I'm always down to share a beer!

You may think this is a bad idea, and maybe it is.

But it goes beyond avoiding bagging as I mentioned in the OP.

Let's say a player is banned from PDGA events for stealing merchandise. I guess Thumber and others wants this guy to show up under a fake name to their local events.

Let's say a player is supsended from PDGA events for damaging park property at an event. I guess Thumber and others wants this guy to show up under a fake name to their local events.

Maybe logic, as Thumber says, isn't present.

Sounds like a control issue that won't really be solved by the PDGA anyway, and is probably best handled at the local level.

And +1 for Sidewinder's comment about AM being trophy only.

Sounds like a control issue that won't really be solved by the PDGA anyway, and is probably best handled at the local level.

And +1 for Sidewinder's comment about AM being trophy only.

Exactly, those other issues are criminal matters for police and parks, not the PDGA. They don't have to be members of the PDGA or compete in the tourney, to steal merch, or destroy property during a tourney.

Requiring ID check just seems like a bureaucratic red tape bandaid solution to very rare issues, and trophy only would definitely solve the main argument in the OP. What do you do with juniors that don't have ID? Make parents bring their ID and birth certificates. Better make sure of their age they are while your at it.

Welcome to the PDGA...next in line....
tsa-agent1-e1309495216837.jpg

TSA.jpg

3365023109_f700f10dc4_o.jpg

Originally Posted by _MTL_
When these things happen over the next 10 years or so, just remember that I said "I told you so"

And when the PDGA subsequently collapses be sure to come back and gloat.

Although I disagree with Robert on a few things - ask yourselves how many of you would be saying the same things 10 years ago if Robert would have posted there would be no smoking at PDGA Events or Worlds in Charlotte would sell out with over 1100 players and a waitlist almost 3 months early?:\