• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Idio Syncrasy Disc Golf Shoe

Zing!! seriously, at this pace the company will be bankrupt before the shoes arrive.

While not all of the issues have been of Idio's making...it isn't helping their brand. And if the shoes fall apart too soon they won't have repeat buyers. Heck, they may not get repeat buyers after taking so long to fulfill their orders....their fault or not. People awaiting orders could have bought shoes elsewhere by now.

Is it fair to expect future runs of these to be more expensive due to increased costs after this initial run?

For their sake I hope they allotted a fair amount of extra inventory for warranty replacements. DGers gonna be DGers and wear them 24/7 and expect them to be bulletproof for 5 seasons.

Is it fair to expect future runs of these to be more expensive due to increased costs after this initial run?

For their sake I hope they allotted a fair amount of extra inventory for warranty replacements. DGers gonna be DGers and wear them 24/7 and expect them to be bulletproof for 5 seasons.

Hard to say, it's definitely a possibility. They need to get rolling with this initial shipment first though.

I don't know what their warranty was/is on this initial production run. Could be there isn't a replacement guarantee. Or normal wear and tear could be excluded...which, being these are disc golf shoes and disc golf shoes get abused...they might never meet the requirement for being replaced.

I don't know what their warranty was/is on this initial production run. Could be there isn't a replacement guarantee. Or normal wear and tear could be excluded...which, being these are disc golf shoes and disc golf shoes get abused...they might never meet the requirement for being replaced.

Not looking too promising based off this

https://idiosports.com/pages/limited-warranty

So these showed up at my house yesterday:
attachment.php

Funny thing is, I don't remember every ordering them. I must have had too many beers one night and ordered them and forgot about it. So I can't complain about how long it took to get them because I didn't even know they were coming until they showed up at my house.

I played two rounds today. I also ran some errands and worked on my boat. I wore the Idio Syncrasy shoes the whole time. I will say that they are very comfortable for me, and I thought they were great on the DG course. The tread pattern is pretty grippy on most ground surfaces, and the rubber itself is sticky on concrete, almost like rock climbing shoes. So I have to give them a thumbs up for now. If they fall apart in 3 months I might change that.

Attachments

• IMG_5341.jpg
    IMG_5341.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 357
So these showed up at my house yesterday:

Funny thing is, I don't remember every ordering them. I must have had too many beers one night and ordered them and forgot about it. So I can't complain about how long it took to get them because I didn't even know they were coming until they showed up at my house.

I played two rounds today. I also ran some errands and worked on my boat. I wore the Idio Syncrasy shoes the whole time. I will say that they are very comfortable for me, and I thought they were great on the DG course. The tread pattern is pretty grippy on most ground surfaces, and the rubber itself is sticky on concrete, almost like rock climbing shoes. So I have to give them a thumbs up for now. If they fall apart in 3 months I might change that.

Glad to hear that someone finally got their shoes! When you throw, do you drag the toe of any foot? When I throw forehand (RHFH), I drag my right foot during the throw. That causes the toe of the shoe to wear and my latest pair is starting to separate between the sole and the toe protector. I'm curious if the Idio shoe will have the same issue or is the sole/toe protector all one piece?

You say the shoe is sticky on concrete. How sticky? Does it feel like your motion is being stopped by the shoe sticking? Or is it just a matter of feeling more grip?

Glad to hear that someone finally got their shoes! When you throw, do you drag the toe of any foot? When I throw forehand (RHFH), I drag my right foot during the throw. That causes the toe of the shoe to wear and my latest pair is starting to separate between the sole and the toe protector. I'm curious if the Idio shoe will have the same issue or is the sole/toe protector all one piece?

You say the shoe is sticky on concrete. How sticky? Does it feel like your motion is being stopped by the shoe sticking? Or is it just a matter of feeling more grip?

It looks to me like the sole and toe protector are one continuous piece.

I'm not sure what you're asking about the stickiness. They stick on the concrete rather than slip. This is what I (and I imagine most people) want. When I plant my front foot, I want it to stop.

The sole material is softer than that of my Merrells with Vibram soles. While I like how it sticks to the teepad, I am concerned it will wear quickly. I think I will try to just use them for DG, rather than wear them all the time, as I do with my Merrells.

It looks to me like the sole and toe protector are one continuous piece.

I'm not sure what you're asking about the stickiness. They stick on the concrete rather than slip. This is what I (and I imagine most people) want. When I plant my front foot, I want it to stop.

The sole material is softer than that of my Merrells with Vibram soles. While I like how it sticks to the teepad, I am concerned it will wear quickly. I think I will try to just use them for DG, rather than wear them all the time, as I do with my Merrells.

Thanks for the info on the sole/toe protector. I'll look forward to more from you on the shoes as you get more use out of them.

On the stickiness, I don't want my foot to stick and end up rolling/twisting my ankle.

Last edited:
Just took my shoes out for a test drive. I got them in a few weeks ago but didn't get a chance to throw until today. This is the first pair of shoes i have worn where i feel like my feet just aren't fatigued. The wider toe box definitely helped with movement and breathability, the grip on the treads was solid, i was a bit worried about the outside tread design but it is actually pretty good. The dots are quite thick so they can probably take quite a bit of abuse before they start to become an issue with grip. The fit was tight but not constrictive, they were just really comfortable to just walk in but also rugged enough to handle any terrain. Overall im pretty pleased with the purchase. Time will tell how they hold up and how long they hold up, especially for players putting in multiple times a week.

Just took my shoes out for a test drive. I got them in a few weeks ago but didn't get a chance to throw until today. This is the first pair of shoes i have worn where i feel like my feet just aren't fatigued. The wider toe box definitely helped with movement and breathability, the grip on the treads was solid, i was a bit worried about the outside tread design but it is actually pretty good. The dots are quite thick so they can probably take quite a bit of abuse before they start to become an issue with grip. The fit was tight but not constrictive, they were just really comfortable to just walk in but also rugged enough to handle any terrain. Overall im pretty pleased with the purchase. Time will tell how they hold up and how long they hold up, especially for players putting in multiple times a week.

I'm happy with mine so far but I have noticed some of the lugs are wearing out quick. The shoes are very grippy so the rubber is softer. Hope they last a while but I've never had a pair of shoes that last more than 6 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How are the shoes holding up for those of you that got them?

If you throw forehand - are you a 'toe dragger'? If so, how is the toe of the shoe doing?

People seem to have gotten their shoes around Sept/Oct last year, so they've had a chance to see how they do. But it's been 3 months or more now and I haven't seen any updates as to how the shoes are holding out. I'm especially curious how they are holding up for people who throw forehands and drag their toe.

Frodo did say back in October the lugs were wearing down....how are they 3 months later?

I have worn mine for 4 disc golf days including this last week when I played 93 holes with some muddy and wet courses.

#1, they are the most comfortable disc golf shoes I have and I pretty much have every major brand people talk about for disc golf.

#2 they work very well on every type of surface I have played on. I don't tee off rubber mats (after slipping on a wet one years ago I am too scared of them now) but cement, turf, grass and dirt/MUD they have worked well.

At the moment I can't see the tread because they are covered in mud. I will be cleaning them off before this weeks trip.

So I have played about 32 courses so far with them in both wet and dry conditions. I find they are water resistant, but not water proof. I did walk though a few 1" deep puddles this week and my shoes did not fill with water. but I my socks were wet. I really like my feet to stay dry unless I step in really deep water. I want to be able to walk though 2" deep puddles without getting my socks wet.

FYI, I did apply for sponsorship with the company. Didn't make the cut. They got like 170 responses and I guess they didn't want a course collector. Or they saw my honest reviews where I did say I didn't think the shoes were worth the price tag so far because not being water proof enough.

Depending on how long they last depends on if I purchase them again. Like I said, I was wearing a pair of shoes for 2 or 3 courses then changing them. I have like 6 pairs of shoes in my car when I go on these day trips. I can't wear the same pair all day because they always hurt my feet. However I have not had to change the Idio shoes yet. Could be because they where new and this week was the first time they really got wet. We will see how they hold up after that.

I have worn mine for 4 disc golf days including this last week when I played 93 holes with some muddy and wet courses.

#1, they are the most comfortable disc golf shoes I have and I pretty much have every major brand people talk about for disc golf.

#2 they work very well on every type of surface I have played on. I don't tee off rubber mats (after slipping on a wet one years ago I am too scared of them now) but cement, turf, grass and dirt/MUD they have worked well.

At the moment I can't see the tread because they are covered in mud. I will be cleaning them off before this weeks trip.

So I have played about 32 courses so far with them in both wet and dry conditions. I find they are water resistant, but not water proof. I did walk though a few 1" deep puddles this week and my shoes did not fill with water. but I my socks were wet. I really like my feet to stay dry unless I step in really deep water. I want to be able to walk though 2" deep puddles without getting my socks wet.

FYI, I did apply for sponsorship with the company. Didn't make the cut. They got like 170 responses and I guess they didn't want a course collector. Or they saw my honest reviews where I did say I didn't think the shoes were worth the price tag so far because not being water proof enough.

Depending on how long they last depends on if I purchase them again. Like I said, I was wearing a pair of shoes for 2 or 3 courses then changing them. I have like 6 pairs of shoes in my car when I go on these day trips. I can't wear the same pair all day because they always hurt my feet. However I have not had to change the Idio shoes yet. Could be because they where new and this week was the first time they really got wet. We will see how they hold up after that.

Thanks for the feedback. I think most shoes that say 'waterproof' really mean 'water resistant'.

How 'breathable' are they? Do your feet sweat in them? I live in Arizona and prioritize 'breathability' over 'water resistance'.

Do you throw forehands? If so, do you drag your toe? If so, how is the toe holding up?

I have Adidas Terrex Solo's and like them. But, the toe cap and sole are not one part, so the sole is separating at the toe of both shoes....mainly the right one which I drag throwing forehands. I use superglue to keep them fixed. The toe cap on the right has worn partway through, again due me dragging my toe on forehands, and I just cover it in Shoe Goo which protects it for a few more rounds...then I do it again.

The toe wear is the most important thing for me. If I could find a shoe that doesn't wear through so quickly or separate from the sole, it would be a winner.

Latest posts