• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] If you were sponsored, whose discs would you throw?

If sponsored, whose discs would you throw?

• Innova

Votes: 67 36.2%
  • Discmania

Votes: 12 6.5%
  • Latitude 64

Votes: 21 11.4%
  • Dynamic Discs

Votes: 15 8.1%
  • Westside Discs

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • Gateway Discs

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • Axiom/MVP Discs

Votes: 17 9.2%
  • Prodigy Discs

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Discraft

Votes: 18 9.7%
  • DGA

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • Legacy

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • Other

Votes: 6 3.2%

• Total voters
I'm not Paul McBeth - I don't want a "flippy Destroyer," a "stable Destroyer," a "headwind Destroyer," and an "overstable Destroyer." I just want to grab a disc and have it fly like it's supposed to and like the others of the same mold do.

:clap: :thmbup: :clap:

I voted Discraft but it would be fun to be sponsored by Daredevil. Sasquatch, Timberwolf, Moose, Beaver yeah!

13913615_1658712147475835_2144267255073082798_o.jpg

Whoa dude, he said Beaver.

Probably Innova, because I could more easily replace the non-Innova with Innova than the Innova with non-Innova. I can't really seem to find any drivers (Trilogy, MVP, etc) that fly as well as Innova's stuff. Of course, I haven't thrown much Legacy though, so take that statement with a strong pinch of salt.

Interesting results. While Innova has the top spot, and Discmania would add to it, the Trilogy seems to have the 2d place spot when combined. This suggests Discraft is no longer a solid 2nd place. And of course on DGCR here, Axiom/MVP did well.

This thought experiment suggests nothing about where Discraft is ranked in the real world.

This thought experiment suggests nothing about where Discraft is ranked in the real world.

Yep. It all comes down to what big chains/stores each manufacturer is in. DGCR is not a statistically relevant sample size to determine anything about the overall disc golf market.

Oh, I dunno... my thesis is that Trilogy is really gaining on some of the others, especially Discraft, and these numbers are one small example of that.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not dissing Discraft and I have a couple of their discs in my bag.

But I do think that results like these, however non-scientific, are a big positive for Trilogy.

Oh, I dunno... my thesis is that Trilogy is really gaining on some of the others, especially Discraft, and these numbers are one small example of that.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not dissing Discraft and I have a couple of their discs in my bag.

But I do think that results like these, however non-scientific, are a big positive for Trilogy.

Yeah, I think Infinite's disc sales show this as well. Buzzz still sells awesome, but other stuff not as much. Though that is just online sales for one store and only reflects the buying of people who actually know what Infinite is and actually buy from it, which may be a very small percentage of disc golfers.

Discraft has definitely lost some market share. It's hard to say what they could do to regain it. I don't throw Discraft, but I would hate to see them become like Gateway and really only be known for their great mids.

it would be DGA for me. it would allow me to throw discraft as well. magnet squall breaker tsunami surge.
I think discraft needs to do some more younger sponcerships. They have more of a following with the older disc golfer market like me.

Trilogy beats the crap out of Discraft in terms of selection at my favorite brick and mortar store, at least twice the number of racks DC has. :popcorn:

Interesting. I got a gold line Fuse and it's nothing like the Comet. My Fuse is a hyzer flip to turnover type of midrange, my Comet is, well, a Comet. It flies straight when i pull smoothly. Both are the same weight. I guess the Optoline plastic straightens up the flight a lot

Heavy Opto is the closest you'll get to a Comet-like Fuse. :thmbup:

Trilogy beats the crap out of Discraft in terms of selection at my favorite brick and mortar store, at least twice the number of racks DC has. :popcorn:

At my shop trilogy has like 5x the rack space compared to discraft. They are completely crushing discraft. They are also crushing discraft out on the courses, I rarely see people throw discraft, but I see trilogy all the time

At my shop trilogy has like 5x the rack space compared to discraft. They are completely crushing discraft. They are also crushing discraft out on the courses, I rarely see people throw discraft, but I see trilogy all the time

Yeah. It is getting way harder to find Discraft locally.

To bad Discraft makes way better discs then Trilogy. :popcorn:

Yeah. It is getting way harder to find Discraft locally.

To bad Discraft makes way better discs then Trilogy. :popcorn:

I've never loved or hated a discraft disc, but for some reason, the plastic they have, I just can't get used to. Nothing feels good in my hand like the Trilogy/Legacy or even Innova/Discmania plastic does. Just a personal opinion though.

Trilogy is kind of a cop out answer to this question though, since you're basically getting to choose 3 different companies, but I guess it makes sense, with even the top pros from one company or the other throwing a lot of different trilogy plastic.

I've never loved or hated a discraft disc, but for some reason, the plastic they have, I just can't get used to. Nothing feels good in my hand like the Trilogy/Legacy or even Innova/Discmania plastic does. Just a personal opinion though.

Trilogy is kind of a cop out answer to this question though, since you're basically getting to choose 3 different companies, but I guess it makes sense, with even the top pros from one company or the other throwing a lot of different trilogy plastic.

I'll be honest I don't really like Elite Z, ESP or Pro D (which I think is the worst baseline available) but I really love Big Z, Elite X and Ti. Soft X and Jawbreaker aren't bad.

Other then BT/Classic/Zero Hard which is freaking awesome and Prime which I thought was worst then DX, I didn't any of Trilogy's plastics to be any better or worse then anything Innova makes.

I totally agree on Legacy they make consistently awesome plastic blends.

In my area, Trilogy sits on the shelf and Discraft sells.

Most of the Trilogy throwers around here are Rec level players who only throw their Giant, XXX, Stiletto, Justice and Harp.

At my nearby Academy Sports, it's all Innova and Discraft. I did see Dynamic Discs starter packs, though.

At the various PIASs in the area, however, the Trilogy discs are totally dominant over Discraft (plenty of Prodigy and Innova, too, btw.) I could probably buy a complete bag of Trilogy products (meaning: a driver, control driver, mid and putter), but might not be able to do so for Discraft.

I really like Titanium plastic from Discraft. Unfortunately, many of their discs don't come in Titanium, and then I have to search for a nice blue or otherwise light color; most Titanium is in dirt-color gold/brown or pink/purple that my eyes can't see so easily.

The Z plastic is okay. FLX added to anything (Ti or Z, etc.) makes it too soft for my liking. Pro-D Challengers are firm, but the discs are practically destroyed after two rounds or so (YMMV).

I would add that Discraft's colors, often pastel and pale, i.e. not bright and eye-catching, don't get my attention very well, as well.

Again, not bashing Discraft, and if they make a few changes I think they could make a big comeback. But right now Trilogy (especially DD and Lat64) is making a huge push, and they're succeeding in getting more market share. Ricky's World Championship will only help that.

Latest posts