• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan members! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in! First (and probably only) tourney of the year. I'm bringing my lack of game to the novice division. My wife is playing Int Women.

I scheduled work for this weekend. It's a job that can only be done on the weekends and I figured I'd be burnt out after worlds, so this would be the best weekend to do it. I'll try to get it done by Sunday and then maybe hit up Marengo on Sunday since I STILL haven't seen that course.

Is anyone playing the illinois championships this weekend? Ill be there on sunday with my bag tag if anyone wants to trade.

my bro is playing on sunday. I will probably be carrying his bag and MAYBE playing if I am feeling the mojo that day. I do not carry a bag tag though =(

Last edited:
Gorilla boy :)

Sunday looks like it will be FULL!

I was surprised they split up the divisions the way they did. One of the big reasons the IOS events do alternating divisions is because rec and intermediate are generally really popular around here.

^^Yeah they've been doing it that way for the last 4 years or so.............I'm a big fan of advanced playing on Saturday cuz I work on Sunday. Intermediate is packed on Sunday.........maybe I will play both.

It ends up hurting the pros, at the IOS tournaments a bunch of advanced players often play pro adding to the payout.

True........Although I heard they added "atleast" 800.........Im not positive on that, but thats what I heard

wow...122 players signed up for sunday!

can someone explain if theres 24 holes x 4 people per hole/card = That's 96 people

I don't get how they said 120 people maximum and even have more people signed up.
Are they adding more temp holes?

or will the holes just be backed up with groups waiting to play?

wow...122 players signed up for sunday!

can someone explain if theres 24 holes x 4 people per hole/card = That's 96 people

I don't get how they said 120 people maximum and even have more people signed up.
Are they adding more temp holes?

or will the holes just be backed up with groups waiting to play?

There will 5 on a card if there is that many people..........I know they change the layout for Sunday so there may also be more temp holes.......either way you will still probably have 5 a card

There will 5 on a card if there is that many people..........I know they change the layout for Sunday so there may also be more temp holes.......either way you will still probably have 5 a card

The layout wasn't changed last year, well, not for the temp holes. Saturday players were on blue then white, Sunday was white then red, but all the temps only had one tee. I wouldn't call that a layout change exactly. Nor would it warrant adding more people to the field.

They might have "ghost groups" which will make for a really long and crappy day for those of you who are playing.

FWIW, the last time I played a tournament that had 5 per hole and a ghost card (there were 110 players on a 21 hole course, so similar numbers to this), it was an easier course and the rounds took close to 4 hours. Plan to bring lots of water and snacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts