• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan Members (Part III)

Thank you sir. I was fearing the worst in a reconstuction and losing another season of discing. Need to focus hard on my rehab and come back stronger.

Speediest of recoveries! :)

Please tell me you played grey fox too?!:popcorn:

Yeah I did, I liked Grey Fox, it reminded me of Cold Brook Park with less woods. It was shorts, I played it with smyth.

Yeah I did, I liked Grey Fox, it reminded me of Cold Brook Park with less woods. It was shorts, I played it with smyth.

It's really too bad you saw it in all shorts. I think it's a 3-3.5 disc course in shorts, a 4 in one of the mixed layouts and a 4.5 in all longs.

3rd that emotion...played longs first time there, shorts second time thru....no comparison. I was super disappointed when I played it all shorts (even in the winter snows).

It's really too bad you saw it in all shorts. I think it's a 3-3.5 disc course in shorts, a 4 in one of the mixed layouts and a 4.5 in all longs.

Grey Fox in all shorts is a rare thing. A terrible rare thing.

3rd that emotion...played longs first time there, shorts second time thru....no comparison. I was super disappointed when I played it all shorts (even in the winter snows).

I lied, it was in most shorts, I think smyth said it was the winter layout.

It's really too bad Silver Lake doesn't have a 2nd set of pins in all the time.

That course and Camden II would both really benefit from that. The shorts are well designed short technical holes, but without a permanent set of pins in the longs you really miss out on some fantastic golf when they're set up short or mixed.

I am wondering what the safety issues are? I have played this course six times and haven't fallen down a hill yet? :clap: What are the suggestions for the design improvement?

Can't specifically comment, but it sounded like it had to do with tees/baskets on top of each other. They are doing the final walk-through out there today before installing cement.

I was out there last night and was thinking about where an improvement could be made. I didn't feel the fairways were cramped but the long course tees flight paths do go over the regular course tees. The flight path of six could get near the tee of thirteen, but it would be a wide hyzer. The fairway of thirteen runs a little close to four but I have experienced much worse. (Some of the fairways at the Oaks are pretty close and can cause confusion). There is some type of electrical box near the tee of eight but that is fenced off. If there is any type of danger it is the ruts created by all the industrial trucks that tear up the course. The basket at eighteen is almost unplayable right now. :wall:

4 baskets will be moved and around 5 teepads. Sounds like cement and tee signs will be installed in a few weeks!

Saw wood stakes in the ground in some spots today. It does seem change in happening.

50 Acre Park

I played the changes and a few are significant. Drive one is no longer at the bottom of the hill but now plays along the fence at the top of the hill. The drive is short and a two is possible from the long tee. Two is in the space of where one was. Less significant changes were made to three and four. The long tee for seven is behind the lake by the driving range fence. A real smart change was to fifteen, moving the basket out of the swamp and eighteen is not longer in among the mountains of mud. Minor changes were made to other tees or baskets. The stakes are in and it looks like concrete or some surface will be going in. Hopefully it won't be those rubber tees like at Sgt Means or Summit.

One other item, many locals are letting their dogs run free despite a dog park is within the park. How long will it be before one of these canines gets clunked on the head? Or, you throw a lengthy drive and Fido grabs the disc and leaves some teeth marks in your tye-dyed Nuke?

Those of you who have played Camden II, Paul McBeast carded a 49 in the long position today. He also did a 49 at Middle. I can't wait to see how he carves up West Lake.

Does anyone happen to know if estabrook is open yet? :popcorn:

^ was every hole at camden II in the long pin positions or was it just a mixed "longer" layout?

Edit: is this the current layout??

http://www.camdentwo.com/?page_id=9

Mostly. #6 was down the hill past #7 tee, in what I believe is C position. There may be one or two other minor differences as I don't remember which position is which for all off the top of my head but regardless, all were in 'good' positions. I had some great practice rounds out there, relative to my ability, or lack thereof. The competitive rounds had me tempted to chuck the bag out the window on 88 going home.

(Note to self: next time down in the ravine approaching #8 pin, take the optional re-throw. Four consecutive roll aways attempting to get out, going from top all the way back to the bottom can really ruin your day. )

2nrg2tf.jpg